SDN DAT Averages: AA:20, PAT:20, TS:21

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eldirty

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ive just gone through the past 15 pages of the DAT discussion forum and averaged the past 71 DAT scores which have been posted. My findings:
average

PAT: 20.26
AA: 20.08
TS: 20.78
BIO: 20.17
OC: 21.63
GC: 20.41
QR: 17.87
RC: 19.39

WOW ... SDNer are crushing it. Congrats to those who are free and good luck to those yet to take it.

Members don't see this ad.

Ive just gone through the past 15 pages of the DAT discussion forum and averaged the past 71 DAT scores which have been posted. My findings:
average

WOW ... SDNer are crushing it. Congrats to those who are free and good luck to those yet to take it.

wow, that must have taken a long time. Apparently O-chem is easy for people and most are not too good at QR...

wow, that must have taken a long time. Apparently O-chem is easy for people and most are not too good at QR...

dude the QR is freaking hard on the dat... i don't know why. i always thought i was good at math, but the DAT crushed my self-confidence with the QR section.

average

thanks man for taking the time to do it. i appreciate it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm glad everyone does poorly on QR. Gives me one more area to stand out. :) I've been a math tutor for a few years now and tutor everything from elementary algebra to geometry and trig to physics. I've reviewed the QR questions in my Kaplan tests and theyre a joke. Math is one of those use it or lose it things and unfortunately alot of the questions they ask are the kind of things people forget when they havent been doing math on a daily basis. I tutor math more than anything (I usually bill about 14 hours of math tutoring a week)and I thank the DAT gods every day when I think about how much it is going to help me with the rediculously worthless questions they ask.

I'm glad everyone does poorly on QR. Gives me one more area to stand out. :) I've been a math tutor for a few years now and tutor everything from elementary algebra to geometry and trig to physics. I've reviewed the QR questions in my Kaplan tests and theyre a joke. Math is one of those use it or lose it things and unfortunately alot of the questions they ask are the kind of things people forget when they havent been doing math on a daily basis. I tutor math more than anything (I usually bill about 14 hours of math tutoring a week)and I thank the DAT gods every day when I think about how much it is going to help me with the rediculously worthless questions they ask.

wow ... good luck. hopefully your confidence will help as well. As you say the math is easy its just dealing with the time that makes it difficult.

dont forget about self selection.

people with high scores are more likely to post their scores online.

dont be discouraged!

dont forget about self selection.

people with high scores are more likely to post their scores online.

dont be discouraged!

These scores do not really reflect the national aveage though because that is like a 17. Dont despair a s weeks on SDN is really a very small sample.

P.S.

Love the Avatar, go giants.

I believe Bruinlove did the same thing about a month ago and came up with a score of 19.

Also, remember: people are not as inclined to post their scores if they did not score well.

These scores do not really reflect the national aveage though because that is like a 17.

Not saying you are wrong but if you look on the FAQ section on several dental schools, they state 18 is the national average.

I totally agree about low scorers not posting. I was just curious to see the average after continually reading posts from people with seemingly super high scores.

average

Since you have so much time why not do your survey on a weekly basis and make it like a Sat Night Special?

Last edited:
haha ... we'll have to see about that. Now that my DAT is over ... no matter how busy I am I can always find more time to cram in some busy, study type work

You have to realize that most people on SDN who post their scores are probably happy with their scores, and those with lower scores aren't as willing to post them. So I think it's important to realize that these kind of scores aren't really average of all predents and that people shouldn't be intimidated.

But SDNers are awesome I have to say.

So 19.43 AA is the national average of matriculants but 18 represents the average performance on a national basis according to VCU's FAQ.

Db check your source. They may be referring to the mean AA scores of the applicants rather than the enrollees.

Db check your source. They may be referring to the mean AA scores of the applicants rather than the enrollees.

Your thread is correct though, 19 is the AA of VCU enrollees. Direct quote from their site:

While there are no strict passing or failing scores, the standard score of 18 represents the average performance on a national basis and the standard score of 19 represents the average performance for VCU.

Link.