SDN MCAT Pearls...Discuss

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted92121

So I got the new SDN MCAT Pearls today and have had some time to review it. Here are my general sentiments:

--the format is wonderful (question and answer format) and when they say high-yield, they mean it. the info the book covers follows the MCAT outline pretty well.

--The book is NOT a good replacement for TPR Hyperlearning or Kaplan books. If you need to beef up on details, use a supplement. However, using the SDN book to help identify problem areas should work well. Tip: Use book as OUTLINE!!!

--I see a lot of resemblance between Pearls and EK books. Short and to the point, giving you necessary info.

--If you already understand a topic (Ex: Cell Membrane), use Pearls to reinforce little concepts. My guess is that if you already know what the phospholipid bilayer is, you won't need to read a fourteen page chapter on it.

Overall this is a great book (and yes based off the mcatpearls website). I would recommend it used in conjunction with any study aids needed to beef up weaker areas.

but then again, what do I know.

all the best,
dxu

Members don't see this ad.