SDN Meet-Up at SIS Vancouver, BC 9/14-9/17

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drusso

Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
Reaction score
Fire up your Insta account cuz it's time to get your Canadian Bacon on! Or, if you're not into pork, some of the best Lox you'll ever find!

Sharpen your shoes because you will not want to miss this conference: More KOLs, pain surgeons, Super Partners, Ballers, and injectionoloigsts per square foot than ASPN, PSPS, and NANS combined. You'll be elbow to elbow and bumping & grinding with hospitality device reps from all corners of the industry. The whisky is strong (well, technically Rye), the expense accounts are open, and you're the show's star. Forward event planners your favorite "walk-on" music and enjoy all the legal protections of Sovereign Jurisdiction at the closest international pain conference you'll find--"What happens in the 'couve stays in the 'couve."

Up to the second scientific update on all things cluneal, vertebrogenic, discogenic, and regenerative. Don't miss out on the hallway chatter. They'll be more deals struck here than Modic changes on a 42-year-old's lumbar MRI.

@lobelsteve will be paying for shots at the bar and demonstrating super-human feats of strength

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Time to get your Canadian Bacon on! Or, if you're not into pork, some of the best Lox you'll ever find!

Sharpen your shoes because you will not want to miss this conference: More KOLs, pain surgeons, Super Partners, Ballers, and injectionoloigsts per square foot than ASPN, PSPS, and NANS combined. You'll be elbow to elbow and bumping & grinding with hospitality device reps from all corners of the industry. The whisky is strong (well, technically Rye), the expense accounts are open, and you're the show's star. Forward event planners your favorite "walk-on" music and enjoy all the legal protections of Sovereign Jurisdiction at the closest international pain conference you'll find--"What happens in the 'couve stays in the 'couve."

Up to the second scientific update on all things cluneal, vertebrogenic, discogenic, and regenerative. Don't miss out on the hallway chatter. They'll be more deals struck here than Modic changes on a 42-year-old's lumbar MRI.

@lobelsteve will be paying for shots at the bar and demonstrating super-human feats of strength
This hype man is more worthy of the prime spot in the DJ booth than any of those other 4 supposed KOLs in a recent thread.

Caption of that pic: “4 wannabes battle to earn a spot on Dr. Usso’s, ‘So you want to be a KOL.’”

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Recommendations
- 49th Parallel Coffee
- Grouse Grind (nature’s stair master)
- Granville Island Brewery
- Big walk along the sea wall
- Stanley Park
- Cafe Medina for brunch
- Kitsilano Beach
- Nook Italian restaurant
- Sea to Sky highway up to Whistler
- Tacofino for tacos
- Revolver Coffee
- Ernest ice cream
- Ferry to Bowen Island
- Shopping in Gastown (check out the Flying Pig for a pub)
- Yaletown (check out Small Victory Bakery)

Enjoy Vancouver… it’s a gorgeous city!

Reactions: 1 users
Fire up your Insta account cuz it's time to get your Canadian Bacon on! Or, if you're not into pork, some of the best Lox you'll ever find!

What happened to the Harvard Pain Conference?
Any upcoming pain conferences for new APRN/PAs?
Thanks in advance

any highlights from the meeting?

any highlights from the meeting?

The council of Super-Partners and KOLs met for some agenda setting matters. Other than that not much.

1663597617716.png

Reactions: 1 user
Zach McCormick discussed his nine nerve paradigm for genicular RF. The main sponsors were sprint therapeutics and relievant medisystems. be surprised at how positive the talks were for these procedures.
What other nerves?

Great they are suggesting even more nerves for a procedure that barely pays anything for the time now…

Members don't see this ad :)
I second this. A real answer would be appreciated
BVNA getting pushed hard, despite lack of any new studies.
SprintPNS getting pushed hard, despite lack of any good studies and lack of mechanism for prolonged relief.
Knee RF will require more injections to have higher success rates than anyone could do.
Hip RF targets improvng with additional data and studies. Incisura and 1/2 way between 12 o'clock and outer acetabular cup, on acetabular ridge. are current go to spots (confirms my treatment location)

SprintPNS getting pushed hard, despite lack of any good studies and lack of mechanism for prolonged relief.
Knee RF will require more injections to have higher success rates than anyone could do.
Hip RF targets improvng with additional data and studies. Incisura and 1/2 way between 12 o'clock and outer acetabular cup, on acetabular ridge. are current go to spots (confirms my treatment location)

Put up a pix of the fluoro targets for hip RFA.

So I guess the question is, do we have any respectable science based professional societies left?

Did anybody address the elephant in the room; there is no contrast, no lidocaine, no dextrose, no saline....???
Brought up at end of lecture and not answered. Of course I did not want to say anything... 2 more boxes came in today. In my office.
At the hospital, I had 10cc compounded for a kypho. It came from a larger bottle. Had expiration 9/30, so I think they are getting 7-9 day sterility.

Did anybody address the elephant in the room; there is no contrast, no lidocaine, no dextrose, no saline....???
No but SIS is working hard on diversity and recycling you will be happy to know

Reactions: 2 users
No but SIS is working hard on diversity and recycling you will be happy to know
Thank god. I was worried about the functional collapse of our profession in a couple months, but feel reassured that global warming will be reduced by .00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% via our ISIS recycling agenda.

Thank god. I was worried about the functional collapse of our profession in a couple months, but feel reassured that global warming will be reduced by .00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% via our ISIS recycling agenda.
1664488000568.png