SDN terminology?!?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

buffy

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can someone help me out with a little SDN terminology? Bump, for example: what's that about? and LOL? Anything else I should know about? :p

Members don't see this ad.

'bump' is posted when someone wants to bump the particular thread up to the top again.
keep it alive, in other words. :)

i was confused by that at first too.

LOL= laugh out loud, in email and IM vernacular.

Members don't see this ad :)
IMHO= in my humble/honest opinion (i had problems with this one at first)
OP= original poster--the person that started the thread
PM= private message, the SDN equiv of an email. click on the icon with the people shaking hands to send a member a message that only they can read.

i'm sure there are more, but these are the three that came to mind right away. many of them are just common internet vernacular that have carried over onto SDN. feel free to pipe up with others...

LMAO= Laughing my a$$ off

When you bump a thread you can then delete the bump by editing your post. The thread will still go to the top and there will be no unnecesary postings in it when someone goes to read it.

Welcome to SDN! :D

LMFAO....laugh my F*cking a$$ off
ROTFLMAO...Roll on the floor laugh my a$$ off.

You guys are bad influences.

LMAO = laughing MADLY out loud [edited version]

:)

ROFLMFAO - you get the idea :D

Thanks for clearing that up! Now I can sleep tonight. The things you learn on SDN.... :D

•••quote:•••Originally posted by carberry:
•Thanks for clearing that up! Now I can sleep tonight. The things you learn on SDN.... :D •••••We're not just about medicine, y'see? :D

The bumping thing had me for quite a while. I had to resort to asking someone. I used to look at a thread that was new, and go down to the bottom, and the only message there was this 'bump'! Very confusing... :D