SDN'ers=cream of the crop?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

uclakid

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
seems like it sometimes, huh?

Members don't see this ad.

90% of SDN's can also bench press 405lbs and have supermodel girlfriends.

:rolleyes:

Or ARE supermodels (like myself) :p

Members don't see this ad :)
Seriously though, I don't think logging onto a website makes you cream of the crop, but the type of student who obsessively reads SDN is very focused on getting into medical school, and that type also tends to also get obsessively good grades, obsessively good MCAT, ...the theme here is OBSESSIVE ;)

obsessive is the key word. I fit right in.

rockstar2525 said:
Seriously though, I don't think logging onto a website makes you cream of the crop, but the type of student who obsessively reads SDN is very focused on getting into medical school, and that type also tends to also get obsessively good grades, obsessively good MCAT, ...the theme here is OBSESSIVE ;)
Oh please. The truth of the matter is that in this day of grade inflation, it's easy to get good grades. Likewise there are a lot of people out there who score very well on the MCAT (about 900 per administration of the test score 36 or higher). Those who have impressive stats are very prominant but there are all types on SDN.
You don't have to be obsessive/compulsive to to well academically. :thumbdown:

Such harshness! She never said that doing well academically = obsessive compulsive.

velocypedalist said:

Velocypedalist laughs because he knows that he is a failure at life.

MEG@COOL said:
Velocypedalist laughs because he knows that he is a failure at life.

No, I laugh because this thread is funny...

Me being a failure at life has nothing to do with it :D

I am the cream of the crop, I rise to the top

Jump around

adamj61 said:
I am the cream of the crop, I rise to the top

Jump around

Stop portraying yourself for what you are not. You are a peach: As you ripen onto the, your flesh softens. The wasp preys on your remains.

Members don't see this ad :)
Caesars0331 said:

i need a date :love: , and i can only bench about 230 or so, depending on the day... :eek:

Why does no one ever acknowledge my 40lb benching ability :(

NubianPrincess said:

Because you have no proof.

NubianPrincess said:

yikes! 40lbs max?? the benchpress bar alone is 45lbs!! hehe how are you able to do anything during the day??? hehe :D

*drop kicks cool dreams*

I'm no Chyna - yet RAAAAR

Caesars0331 said:

cant bench the 450, but did have a supermodel gf recently...:)

vhawk01 said:
Well, I cant bench 450 pounds, but I have been known to pound thirty or forty benches on a good day
:laugh:
Can't bench 450 lbs either, but have been known to pound 30-40 beers in one weekend. Also would like a supermodel gf, any takers out there? Guess I'm just cream of the crappers, cause I've been know to sit on the thrown for hours.

rgporter said:
Oh please. The truth of the matter is that in this day of grade inflation, it's easy to get good grades. Likewise there are a lot of people out there who score very well on the MCAT (about 900 per administration of the test score 36 or higher). Those who have impressive stats are very prominant but there are all types on SDN.
You don't have to be obsessive/compulsive to to well academically. :thumbdown:

I'm NOT saying that you have to be obsessive/compulsive to do well academically. My point was, that the people on SDN are not an accurate cross-section of the med school applicant pool. While certainly there are all types on this forum, (that was my point in the statement :logging onto a forum doesn't make you a genius) I think a lot of the people here are very focused on medical school, perhaps more than the average applicant. Otherwise they wouldn't be spending their spare time posting on an internet forum about getting into medical school...

rockstar2525 said:
I'm NOT saying that you have to be obsessive/compulsive to do well academically. My point was, that the people on SDN are not an accurate cross-section of the med school applicant pool. While certainly there are all types on this forum, (that was my point in the statement :logging onto a forum doesn't make you a genius) I think a lot of the people here are very focused on medical school, perhaps more than the average applicant. Otherwise they wouldn't be spending their spare time posting on an internet forum about getting into medical school...

I agree, and as well I alos think nubianprincess is one of the sexiest girls on SDN

but dood... only 40 lbs???? :laugh: :laugh:

eh my premed buddies dont check this site out, and their not too shabby 3.9, 4.0, 4.0, 3.8 3.75+, and im not cream of the crop fo sho

i am obsessively creamy

i compulsively obsess

Caesars0331 said:

damn I'm lucky to get up 375 these days.

I'm truly a slacker :sleep:

i drink my own pee... is that obsessive?

rockstar2525 said:

I don't see what your trying to get at here?

i like cream of mushroom. i def aint no cream of the crop. at least i will always have my looks....ok random.

I can put up about 320, but I think when it comes time to apply I might be able to put up 450. I will just have to take a bunch of anabolics. Maybe a really hot supermodel might like big dudes and I might have a supermodel girlfriend, but probably not.

If my Mom is a supermodel, am I cool if I date her?

Long Dong said:
Can't bench 450 lbs either, but have been known to pound 30-40 beers in one weekend. Also would like a supermodel gf, any takers out there? Guess I'm just cream of the crappers, cause I've been know to sit on the thrown for hours.
hilarious
creame of the crappers
ew
ew
haha
ewww
HAHAHHAHAAAAAAAAA

welcome to the world of women, chief

Step away from the textbooks and the Internet and meet REAL WOMEN! I can't bench 405, but I can deadlift that much.....

MEG@COOL said:
Because you have no proof.

Neither do any of the 10s of people on this forum that claim to have 3.9 GPAs and 39 MCATs yet for some reason, everyone seems to believe them.

SpiderBill said:
damn I'm lucky to get up 375 these days.

I'm truly a slacker :sleep:
I wanna be down, tell me how to get my bench up to 375. I start off every block putting up more lbs, but everytime finals comes around I just atropy. It's like taking one step forward and two steps back.

TheProwler said:
welcome to the world of women, chief

Step away from the textbooks and the Internet and meet REAL WOMEN! I can't bench 405, but I can deadlift that much.....

I've been know to deadlift 45 lbs of rice, or 45 lbs back pack full of books.