SDSU MFT 2012 Interview Invitations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SDSUMFT

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all -
I just received my invitation to the SDSU MFT 2012-2013 4 hour long group interviews! Anyone else receive the same invitation? Is there anyone out there who has experienced this specific group interview process that can lend some tips?

I've read that some public universities have pretty calm group interviews, and want you to interact with one another while they take notes. Others have said that you have to pretend to be client and therapist and act out scenarios in front of the group. Others have said that the reason it is 4 hours long is because each group is interviewed by one faculty at a time, and when the next one comes in they kind of repeat questions and you basically repeat your answers 4 or 5 times. Has anyone experienced SDSU's MFT group interviews before?

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats I too received my Invite yesterday and am so relieved. Do you know which group you are in? AM or PM? I'm hoping for the PM because I interview in SLO the 24th then have to drive down to SD for their interview.

I'm not sure which group I'm in yet. I RSVP'd via email by replying to the invtational email, but I haven't received any confirmation of my time slot yet. RSVPing to the invitational email felt lacking, I was thinking about calling the department to confirm my RSVP was received. Do you know anything about the format of the group interviews?

Members don't see this ad :)
I do not know the format but assume we might be having a role play session if i recall the informational correctly.

Yes, I attended a program informational back in November where we met with the Graduate Assistant Liza Bolanos and she gave insight about the program and process. She couldn't speak to much of how our tenure would be because we'd be the first 2-year cohort instead of 3. She did state that they didn't cut anything from the program so we'd be doing double time the entire process.

Hi all,
Congrats, I also got my invitation for interview last Wednesday and I am very excited for the interview. I searched online and can not find any specific information about Sdsu Interview.

Also I have not get any information about the session yet although I response Liza's e-mail. Have you heard after you reply? or did you contact with the department?

I RSVP'd immediately after I received my invitational email, and I have not heard anything back yet. I called the department to make sure that my RSVP was received and she said as long as you replyed to the invitational email your RSVP was received. The deadline to respond is February 18th so maybe we'll receive our time slots after that.

I emailed LIza today asking for details and she replied "No further details available other than what was provided in the email" lol I don't get what the big secret is but lets be prepared for it all. I just got assigned to the AM session which is a bummer seeing as i'll be driving down from SLO friday afternoon immediately after the SLO interview try to get some rest and be up and ready for SDSU Sat morning.

Just got the PM slot! 4 hours is such an immense amount of time, Im going to try to be prepared for anything. Scenarios and on the spot questions I guess?

I got AM session too... there is no information about the interview process and social media does not work too! So I am just working on the general interview questions for grad school.
Liza mentioned about two group assignments in the mail and just it! I am really curious about the secret!

Good luck to all!

I don't know anything about the interview process you are preparing for - but for me - mine was all day - they randomly assigned us to groups - one faculty member and about 5 - 7 people per group. Our only instruction was Be a Group. We were observed and evaluated on that experience. It was pretty obvious in the groups who was going to not get in. It wasn't at all clear who would get in. There is no way to prepare for something like that.

Of course your experience may be (probably will be) different.

So that was the onsite interview:) the final step of a lengthy application process.

For everyone that attended the interviews this past saturday I'm curious if you heard how long the wait will be until we know?

Best of luck to all I enjoyed going the process with each one of you