SEAK vs ABIME

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted185747

I’m looking at paying for some training and listing in a directory to ramp up my side hustle doing IMEs. I’ve been a QME (Ca) for 2 years and am getting some IME and record review from Examworks but want more.

Anyone have an opinion on SEAK “starting and running an IME practice” and their directory?
Or ABIME certification with testing and their directory?

Members don't see this ad.

Fwiw the only CIME I know of in my area is IM trained and couldn't find his @$$ with both hands and his goniometer.

The SEAK crowd is multidisciplinary with a lot of lawyers and nurse case managers.

The case managers seem to be the key to these referrals. Getting to know a few WC case managers and putting together a decent report seems to be my ticket to keeping them coming. Marketing to lawyers is probably more profitable, but a bigger PIA and slippery slope to a shady practice.

Reactions: 1 user
I’m looking at paying for some training and listing in a directory to ramp up my side hustle doing IMEs. I’ve been a QME (Ca) for 2 years and am getting some IME and record review from Examworks but want more.

Anyone have an opinion on SEAK “starting and running an IME practice” and their directory?
I know a PM&R doc who attended a live SEAK course a few years ago and thought it was outstanding. I got a SEAK directory a at one point and it had so many docs that I had never heard of, including in my area. I have no idea about that market.

Members don't see this ad :)

you know it well, QME in CA has not much to do with whatever directory you are on. In other states, it's all about referral from attorneys and case managers when it comes to IME for work comp.

SEAK is good. You should check out their "non-clinical careers" course. It's transformative...

How so? Has it been transformative for you? Always wondering if it'd be a good course to go to.

How so? Has it been transformative for you? Always wondering if it'd be a good course to go to.

So, many ways to use a medical degree outside of direct patient care. The courses will review case studies of doctors who successfully leveraged their degrees and training to thrive in industries and settings outside of direct patient care.

Reactions: 1 users
So, many ways to use a medical degree outside of direct patient care. The courses will review case studies of doctors who successfully leveraged their degrees and training to thrive in industries and settings outside of direct patient care.

I understand it's informative. Is it really "transformative"? I heard what they talked about in the course is too general and non-specific.

I understand it's informative. Is it really "transformative"? I heard what they talked about in the course is too general and non-specific.

It was the side-bar conversations with other MD's that I found most helpful. Hearing how people regained control of the reins of their careers--started new ventures both inside and outside traditional health care settings--and re-established their professional autonomy...

Another useful group is:

Rebel.MD - The Voice of Hippocratic Medicine in America

Hi guys, any update? I am a DE(designated doctor certified ) in US. Does adding ABIME Certification bring more clinets ? or help with networking? I am unsure what adding the certificate is going to do? it is expensive and time consumer....most of such go over general stuffs that we can get with googleing or alternative less expensive courses that come with lots of CMEs.