Search for Osteopathic Doctor to Shadow

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lilyrose68

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of an Osteopathic Doctor in the East Bay area (California) that is willing to have me shadow them once a week until May. I am particularly interested in OB/Gyn.
Let me know,
Lily
[email protected]

Members don't see this ad.

Check your state AOA for listings of physicians.

Another good source is an online database of your state's medical licensees. I'm not sure if every state has one, but the Department of Labor of SC keeps a searchable (by name, location, specialty, etc.) database of all occupations that require licensings. This includes medicine. I found a bunch of DOs with names, addresses, and contact numbers. I managed to find DOs in general surgery, diagnostic radiology, and other non-FP fields.

It's also interesting to see if any of your docs have had disciplinary action taken against them.

lilyrose68 said:
Does anyone know of an Osteopathic Doctor in the East Bay area (California) that is willing to have me shadow them once a week until May. I am particularly interested in OB/Gyn.
Let me know,
Lily
[email protected]

I would contact some of the DO schools in California for that information.

Also, try this link:

http://www.opsc.org/

Not in the east bay, but try Bruce Flagg in Portola Valley if it's convenient. He is quirky. Does OMM. Can give you a sense of what it means to him to be a traditional DO. Not OB/gyn specific though.