Seasonal Allergies in Dogs..ADVICE PLEASE!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iglover

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
Ok so about three weeks ago my dog started doing this "backwards" sneeze thing..he is now also sneezing and coughing (dry, non-productive, not in chest)..I personally thinks that he may have kennel cough..but because of the sneezing my vet things that he has seasonal allergies (this did all start when things started blooming)... i have antihistamines for him as well as a cough suppressant...has anyone else been through this with their dog? is there anything else that I can do to make him more comfortable or is he just going to have to suffer through like everyone else? does it even really sound like seasonal allergies??? any and all advice would be GREATLY appreciated as he is my first puppy and I'm the first to admit that I am a huge worrier!!
Thanks in advance!!

Members don't see this ad.

This forum is not for medical advice, and a moderator will soon close this thread.

I'm sorry, in a totally non-medical kind of way, that your first puppy has sprung a confusing problem on you. :confused:

All any of us here can say is you should consult your veterinarian - you might see if your vet can recommend an allergist or someone who specializes in respiratory issues if you want a second opinion.

sucks this will close. but my dog gets allergies too and we give him steroids. we're hoping to get his blood tested so that he can get allergy shots. good luck!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Same as above, consult with your Vet...

When my dog had kennel cough (When I first picked her up at the pound, a lot of dogs get it), she had a dry cough, but it sounded like she was coughing things up when she never did.

Best of luck to you and your dog.

my jack has seasonal allergies, but it has nothing to do with coughing...come fall she looses a lot of hair and gets red angry patches on her tummy and legs that will become sores if i don't get her on vetalog asap. i don't think that i'd rush for steroids if i didn't need them though...give the antihistamines a try?

Status
Not open for further replies.