1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Second Interview Invite

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by shift_roro, Nov 15, 2005.

1. shift_roro

Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    i just received a second interview invite from school x.... :(

what does this mean and what can i do the second time around to increase my chances of acceptance?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Labslave

Labslave Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Relax and be yourself. You shouldn't try to do anything different! Hopefully, you've improved the parts of your application that you needed to and you won't have to worry about this on the day of your interview. Good luck!

4. ExtraAverage

ExtraAverage This is new and exciting
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I'm gonna go ahead and assume your previous interview was in a different admissions cycle (and not that you're one of those poor saps who was called back during the same cycle because your previous interviewers disagreed...)

Yeah, I was in the same position this year. I actually felt much more comfortable because I had been through the interview before. You should look at it as you have more experience than other interviewees. Just convince yourself that last year was the mock interview.

Plus, if they already know about you and liked you enough to interview you before and now they are asking you back, that's gotta be a good thing right?

Who knows though, maybe they just like screwing with you...

5. shift_roro

Attending Physician
    what can i improve? this is all a shock because i thought i was very competitive for this school... i interviewed about 4 weeks ago and was really expecting an acceptance. i mean, this is still much better than getting waitlisted (or even rejected)... but i'm curious to know in what cases schools offer a second interview. ambiguous feedback from the first interviewer?

6. shift_roro

Attending Physician
    actually this is only 4 weeks after my first interview! :\

7. DesiMcatAcer

DesiMcatAcer Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Take it optimistically, who knows in another 4 weeks you mite have an acceptance :) ..in any case I dont knw the exact answer for your question

8. ExtraAverage

ExtraAverage This is new and exciting
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Oooo.... yeah, sorry to refer to you as a poor sap... um...

From what I've heard from a former classmate who experienced this infamous interview mulligan, it is usually due to two interviewers disagreeing about your candidacy or something along those lines (which school is this, or what was the interview set-up? (panel, group of applicants, seperate interviewers?)

If you just had one interviewer, I have no idea what's going on

Of course, it might be a giant ****-up and you are accidentally being interviewed again...ha, that would be rich.

9. lynn42

lynn42 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student

Maybe this was a mistake!!!??? I've never heard of an applicant getting 2 interviews during the same cycle at the same school. Maybe your first interviewer forgot to submit their evaluation. You should call and see if it was a mistake. If not, take it as a good sign. . . at least it wasn't a rejection!! :)

10. shift_roro

Attending Physician
    it was a one-on-one interview so ya this really confused me as well. the school specifically said it was an invite for a second interview so not a screw-up there. oh well, guess i just have to suck it up and do my best. :)