Second Look/Revisit Dress Code?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JmanDO

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm on a wait list at NYU, yet, they've invited me for a revisit (3 days, all the stops, even to see a play!) but I'm not sure what to wear.

The point of 2L's is to speak to more professors and staff and to basically re-"wow" them right? I don't want to look like a square in a suit but not like an avg joe either.

Would a pair of slacks or slim black jeans with a neat, casual button shirt (like you'd wear to a dinner with friends) or flannel w/ subdued colors do nicely?

16858169_004_b

Members don't see this ad.

I would take two kinds of outfits. Really casual stuff, jeans and tight t-shirts when you are just hanging with your peers, and then business casual stuff when you are at functions with faculty and students. Business casual means pressed collared shirts and khaki pants or the equivalent and nice shoes. Shave, comb your hair, and look presentable. No suits and ties, it will not be that formal. Just look good and confident, like you belong.

Don't get drunk. And don't try to pick up chicks. Save that for later.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would take two kinds of outfits. Really casual stuff, jeans and tight t-shirts when you are just hanging with your peers...

Haha, I like how you stipulated that the t-shirts should be tight :cool:

The only second look I went to was just a few hours long, and there wasn't such a variety of events that I would need different outfits for. If your second look is just pretty much at the school/hospital like mine was, a pressed button up, khakis, and nice shoes will work fine.

The only second look I went to was just a few hours long, and there wasn't such a variety of events that I would need different outfits for. If your second look is just pretty much at the school/hospital like mine was, a pressed button up, khakis, and nice shoes will work fine.

Well, of course, the tight t-shirt advice depends upon your body. If your belly is hanging out over your belt, then not so tight. Respect the aesthetics of your body. If you have it, then bring it. If not, then be discreet, of course.

If there is just one event and not a weekend affair, then go with business casual.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one that noticed that...

I'm glad this thread topic came up, because I was seriously just planning on bringing jeans/t-shirts and maybe sundresses (since it's going to be mid/late April and hopefully kind of warm). Whoops.

I'm glad this thread topic came up, because I was seriously just planning on bringing jeans/t-shirts and maybe sundresses (since it's going to be mid/late April and hopefully kind of warm). Whoops.

It will be warm if you are going to Second Look in Florida or California - if that is the case turn it into a mini vacation.

Last edited: