Second-Look Weekend?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stercel2007

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
What does a Second-Look weekend entail? Who pays for the expenses?

Members don't see this ad.

Uh, looking at a school a second time -- probably with a little hard-sell from the school on why you should choose them. Whoever paid the first time likely gets the honor again the second time around! Frankly, last year I wasn't up for any more traveling or spending any more (parental) money by the time second-looks came along!

I've only heard of "second looks" for MD/PhD programs. Is this for an MD program?

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by Adcadet
I've only heard of "second looks" for MD/PhD programs. Is this for an MD program?

some schools have receptions, tours, and other stuff for accepted MD applicants. The only school I've interviewed at they told us that they would pay for our travel expenses for second look was Northwestern so far, as far as i can remember.

BU has a second look day as well but I don't think they mentioned anything about paying for it all. It's for the regular MD program.

Vanderbilt also pays for all of your travel expenses.

Originally posted by jkai
Vanderbilt also pays for all of your travel expenses.

Airfare, hotel and meals all covered....and spouses can go too!

Vandy's 2nd look weekend is pretty bad ass. Wine and dine you. It's a good experience and it lets you get a lot of questions answered that weren't answered on interview days. And also they give you a much better tour than all those crappy tours they give on interview days :) Definately go for 2nd look weekend at any school if all possible. You get a chance to meet more students/teachers/etc.

Jefferson has a re-visit weekend,... can't quite remember the month they mentioned, but i think its in april.