Second Look weekends

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Scooby Doo

IEatShavedPussyCats
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do schools pay for us to come look at them for the second look weekend?

Specifically, I am talking about Columbia and Sinai.

Anyone know?

Members don't see this ad.

I can tell you with certainty that Columbia does not pay for people to come for the revisit weekend, however, you will be housed with a current P&S student. I would strongly recommend coming to the revisit to anyone who is considering Columbia or even anyone who has already decided on columbia. It is a great opportunity to meet a number of Columbia students as well as many future classmates. Also you can get answers to any questions about Columbia that you still have.
Congrats to everyone,
JB

Scooby, i think it's only for MSTP that schools pay..and that's because they invest a LOT on the MSTPs (they even PAY them), so you'd expect that they'll do anything it takes to win them over. but for med students?? Hellz NOt that i know of.

Members don't see this ad :)
•••quote:•••Originally posted by A. Caveman:
•Scooby, i think it's only for MSTP that schools pay..and that's because they invest a LOT on the MSTPs (they even PAY them), so you'd expect that they'll do anything it takes to win them over. but for med students?? Hellz NOt that i know of.•••••Yes I agree that its mostly MSTP students who get paid to come to the 2nd look weekends (and some of them also get paid for the interview trips) but I think there are a few schools that will pay for regular MD people too. I know Vanderbilt does for sure.

Northwestern and Univeristy of Michigan also cover travel costs and arrange student hosts or hotels for their second looks.

scooby when is Mount Sinai's one taking place?

E '01--Have you been accepted to Sinai? Are you going there for sure?

Hey KDMD I'm not sure yet...Einstein gave me a scholarship so I'm sort of swaying toward them. I'm just waiting to get my financial aid packages.

I went to Sinai's MSTP second look days a few weeks ago -- it was a good time :D

Oh yes -- and it was an all-expense paid, all-accomodation paid event :D :clap:

vanderbilt offered to fly people out (up to $500) and pay for hotel and food for the entire friday-sunday second look weekend. This is for regular MD, not MD/PHD.

I've never heard of this with any other school for straight MD.