Second Looks

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tonic1025

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which schools have second look weekends or some type of open house for admitted students?

Members don't see this ad.

I know Vandy has a really nice one. Most top end schools probably have these. Does anyone know if Emory has one too?

Members don't see this ad :)
both schools i've interviewed at have told me i can contact the admissions office if i'd like to come back to see the school again on an unofficial basis

jbrice1639 said:
both schools i've interviewed at have told me i can contact the admissions office if i'd like to come back to see the school again on an unofficial basis

I think the OP's referring to those luxurious second looks that are paid for and organized specifically to entice you to matriculate.

oompa loompa said:
I think the OP's referring to those luxurious second looks that are paid for and organized specifically to entice you to matriculate.

oh, i know, i was just adding that in as a nice benefit because i've heard that not all schools are as receptive to letting students come back on their own to see a class or whatever.

but i do know that washington university has a sweet second look weekend...one of my lab instructors went last year and it included a cardinals game, a banquet with open bar, symphony tickets and a few other perks. i wonder if you can just ask for the cash value of that weekend knocked off your first year tuition... :rolleyes:

jbrice1639 said:
oh, i know, i was just adding that in as a nice benefit because i've heard that not all schools are as receptive to letting students come back on their own to see a class or whatever.

but i do know that washington university has a sweet second look weekend...one of my lab instructors went last year and it included a cardinals game, a banquet with open bar, symphony tickets and a few other perks. i wonder if you can just ask for the cash value of that weekend knocked off your first year tuition... :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: :laugh: ...but, the experience is priceless!

My friend told me that NYU has a really nice second look for the URMs.

Northwestern does, UMich does.

I heard that at Pitt's second look last year, they let people play with the WISER sim mannequins!

Risa said:
I heard that at Pitt's second look last year, they let people play with the WISER sim mannequins!

That's awesome! I'd totally try to see if I could kill one.