Second Semester Freshman schedule

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheInstitute

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, so my first semester of college is going brilliantly socially and academically. I pretty much have all A's and feel like one of the most intelligent kids in my courses. The only difficult course is the lab for chemistry due to sheer amount of tedious work that is required. I have also made friends with many international students who are from China. I just need to work on my extracurriculars this semester a bit more. All in all, I expect a 3.96 or 4.0 GPA this semester.

This is what I am planning for my Second Semester Schedule:
Calculus II 4 Credits. I love Calculus, so I will definitely take this.

Honors Organic Chemistry I Lecture 3 Credits. Would you guys recommend this or regular Orgo I Lecture?

Science Major Biology I 3 credits: Should be very, very easy. Essentially a repeat of AP Bio.

Piano 3 Credits: Is this worth it or no?

X Undecided class 3 credits

So, I am trying to go for a 13-16 Credit semester, and I want this to be a 4.0 semester.

Let me know what you guys think; any feedback is appreciated

Members don't see this ad.

WTF is honors orgo lmao? My school didnt allow us to take orgo w/o taking chem 1+2 first. Other than that u look gucci

Reactions: 1 user
I would recommend that you gradually increase your courseload as you go through college, while also taking classes that you genuinely enjoy and can speak enthusiastically about during interviews. I think that your 16 credit plan would be fine if you did well during your first semester, but I would not go over 16 credits until at least sophomore year. Adcoms and advisors have mentioned to me the importance of a rigorous courseload, and it appears you're starting off strong in that respect. Just make sure not to get in over your head while you're still beginning your extracurricular activities. As for honors vs. regular organic, I do not know the specifics of your school's honors program, but the honors classes at my school tend to have smaller class sizes and professors that may or may not expect more from students. I'm sure you'll do fine in whichever class you choose! I wish you the best of luck!