Secondaries and Extra-curricular activities?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DMBFan

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What do you do if you have started more extra-curriculars that you want ADCOMS to know about that aren't listed in your AMCAS app? Like you started them after the AMCAS was submitted? My secondary doesn't have a space where you list your extra-curriculars again.....

Members don't see this ad.

i have heard that applicants send update letters to admissions to let them know any changes in their application. I would call the University and see if they would take such a letter. Best of luck

DMBFan said:
What do you do if you have started more extra-curriculars that you want ADCOMS to know about that aren't listed in your AMCAS app? Like you started them after the AMCAS was submitted? My secondary doesn't have a space where you list your extra-curriculars again.....

Sent them an update, but only if it's something substantial.

Members don't see this ad :)
Code Brown said:
Sent them an update, but only if it's something substantial.

Hey I just wrote a paper four weeks ago that is going to be published in Oct... is that something worthwhile or should I just not mention it?

cottagepepper said:
Hey I just wrote a paper four weeks ago that is going to be published in Oct... is that something worthwhile or should I just not mention it?

I'd wait for a few months, until more interviews come out, because you can mention in at the interview. If not, then, say, November, Decemberish, then you can send them a letter which combines your interest in getting an interview there and why you should get one (ie, you published)

cottagepepper said:

Personally, I would send them an update, but would probably wait until the paper actually comes out in case they want to look at it to see what it was all about. One of my interviewers actually went online to see what one of my experiences was all about as I put the link to it in my ACMAS application.