secondaries available

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hopkins2010

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
In case you are looking for Dartmouth's secondary application, I downloaded it from their website a few days ago but now I noticed that you can no longer access it.

So, if anybody wants it let me know. I will probably just post it here so I dont have to fill out 20 different emails.

I get the impression that they may have taken it down from their website because people already sent theirs in before Dartmouth got the AMCAS primary. But at least you can work on it ahead of time and submit it later.

Also, FYI the Baylor College of Medicine secondary is now available online (although you cant submit until they receive the AMCAS primary).

Washington University also has online secondary, but they have not updated it yet for the 2002 cycle. Of course they also will not accept it until they receive the AMCAS primary.

Finally, Yale has an online app as well. I was able to create a user ID but there was an error when I entered the application, so I'm not sure if its ready for prime time yet either.

Anybody has any updates for schools that I missed, post it here.

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks a million, baylor21.

Keep 'em coming, ok people? :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey my fellow pre-medders, Albert Einstein has their secondary online. They suggest you send it in ASAP...nice thing is it's just demographics that you have to fill in. Bad thing is...it costs $90! Good luck with everything guys.

PS People, are you like running out to buy a typewriter for these secondaries??

George Washington agreed to send me a secondary after I emailed them regarding the AMCAS situation. They indicated there would be a "detailed instruction" letter so maybe they've got a plan for going ahead with admissions.

Spang

Spanger finally reveals! Yeah, I just got the same response from GWU about the secondary. Re: Dartmouth, I would caution everyone about the secondary that was on their website but was removed. I have spoken to some admissions people at various schools to request their secondary applications. Almost every school will not release them. Some are saying that they are in the process of changing their secondary because of all the AMCAS glitches, that they might remove any essays so that people can send them back quick and the admissions process can get underway. Just a word of caution in case the real Dartmouth secondary is different.

Originally posted by mdhopeful:
•Spanger finally reveals! Yeah, I just got the same response from GWU about the secondary. Re: Dartmouth, I would caution everyone about the secondary that was on their website but was removed. I have spoken to some admissions people at various schools to request their secondary applications. Almost every school will not release them. Some are saying that they are in the process of changing their secondary because of all the AMCAS glitches, that they might remove any essays so that people can send them back quick and the admissions process can get underway. Just a word of caution in case the real Dartmouth secondary is different.•

Good point mdhopeful. About the Dartmouth secondary, it clearly designates that its for the 2002 entering cycle so originally it was meant for us.

If they do change it, it must be a last minute decision to do so. if they strip out the essays, that would be fine. The worst thing they could do would be to just put different essay questions in. I dont see why they would do that, especially since the Dartmouth application I have is clearly labeled to be used for the 2002 cycle.

Oh well, if anybody hears anything else, keep us posted.

I found a post on the PR board about secondary questions, so I thought I would post it over here as well. Theres a list of secondary essay questions for a bunch of different schools. Keep in mind that I did notice a few discrepancies on a couple of the schools (Rochester) so this is subject to change for this application cycle. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!

Also, if anyone notes any obvious errors, please post them on this thread.

Columbia— 1. What satisfactions do you expect to receive from your activities as a physician? 2. In what collegiate extracurricular activities did you engage? 3. Please list collegiate honors, awards, and memberships in honorary societies. 4. About how many hours per week, if any, did you spend in work for which you were recompensed during the college year? What sort of work did you do (include summer employment)? 5. Tell why education has been disrupted if applicable.

Cornell—brief statement on why Cornell (two lines) and brief statement on career plans in medicine (two lines)

Dartmouth— 1. Please indicate what you are doing during the 1999-00 academic year. If in school, list courses. If working, let us know something about the nature of your job. 2. Please share with us something about yourself that is not addressed elsewhere in your application and which could be helpful to the Admissions Committee as we review your file.

Einstein—describe extra-curricular and community service activities from amcas application. (can attach separate paper)

Georgetown—Why have you chosen to apply to Georgetown and how do you think your education at Georgetown will prepare you to become a physician for the future?

George Washington— 1. Describe nonscholastic activities in which you have invested a considerable amount of time for the following two areas: a)activities and hobbies for personal development, fun, relaxation, and/or stress reduction and b)activities in which you have given community service or helped others in a one-to-one relationship 2. If not in school, please indicate activities, coursework, employment, etc to account for full-time involvement. 3. Describe long term career goals: where do you see yourself in 10 years? Describe who or what you feel has influenced you in that direction. Describe the activities that you have been involved in that support your stated interest. 4. All careers in medicine involve both science and people. While we expect all physicians to be capable in both areas, which aspect of medicine do you think will be most important to you PERSONALLY in your medical future? 5. Many of you will have multiple acceptances to medical school. Briefly detail the considerations that will be important to you in deciding whether to accept our offer of a position.

Jefferson—application just asks you to check off some boxes and send them a check

Maryland— 1. Has education been continuous other than for vacations? 2. Describe independent research or study. 3. Describe a)activities pursued for fun, relaxation, and/or stress reduction b)activities related to community service or helping others in one-to-one relationship. 4. Describe type of communities in which you have lived. 5. Describe how you picked your undergraduate school and current major area of study. 6. Describe your long term career goals. What has been the major influence in your life that has influenced you in that direction? Describe any activities that you have been involved in that support your stated goal.

MCP Hahnemann—Fill in the blanks secondary.

Mount Sinai— 1. Describe a way in which you've taken initiative or exhibited leadership. 2. Expand on any part of your application which you feel would be helpful in appraising you as an individual, or indicate the reasons for your specific interest in Mount Sinai.

NYU—Explain key motivational factors in your decision to apply to medical school.

Pitt— 1. Describe a personal experience which resulted in a substantial moral or ethical dilemma. What was the outcome? We are reluctant to accept assertions that you have never encountered such a situation. Please do not address cheating in an academic setting. (250 words or less) 2. Optional essay. The recruitment of a diverse student body is a major goal of the U of Pitt's Med school admissions committee. Please tell us whether facets of your life and education to date would contribute to the achievement of this foal. Such facets might include your early education, socioeconomic status, culture, race/ethnicity and work experience. Penn—fill in the blanks and send them a check secondary

Rochester—Describe a situation where your values or ethics were challenged, and how you resolved your dilemma. (1 page)

Temple—For out of state people—Supplemental personal statement indicating and explaining special interest in Temple.

NOTE: "(None)" = no essays; "(Open)" = AMCAS-like personal statement.
Albany Medical College: (None)

Albert Einstein College of Medicine: (None, but they send you an essay question with your invitation to interview: "Describe any project undertaken in college or elsewhere that you think was especially significant in your decision to seek a career in medicine.")

Baylor University: (1.) "What aspiration, experiences, or relatioship have motivated you toward a career in medicine"; (2.) "Describe your most significant non-sciencetfic activities and how you use your leisure time"; (3.) "Describe your most significant research and medically-related experiences and list any awards accomplishments of which you are especially proud. If MD-PhD applicant, describe how these experience led you to consider a career in biomedical sciences"; (4.) "Indicate any special contributions, unusual factors or other information which you feel would be helpful in evaluating you"

Boston University: (None)

Case Western Reserve University: A significant experience in your life Columbia University: "What satisfactions do you expect to gain from you career as a physician". (handwritten; BTW, the secreatries in the office said you can add as many pages as I wanted, so don't feel compelled to use the tiny space provided.)

Cornell University: (1.) "(BRIEFLY) Please indicate why you chose to apply to Cornell"; (2.) "(BREIFLY) Please state your current career plans in medicine"

Dartmouth: (1.) "Please indicate what you are doing during the 1997-98 academic year. If in school, list courses. If working, let us know something about the nature of your job." (2.) Where do you see yourself at the mid-point of your medical career? (3.) "What personal traits and characteristics will you bring to medicine?" (4.) "Please share with us something about yourself that may not be addressed elsewhere in your application and which could be helpful to the Admissions Committee as we review your file."

Duke University: (1.) "What aspects of Duke's medical program interest you and why?" (2.) "Describe your most relevant experience with medicine." (3.) "Among activities listed on AMCAS, which has had the most impact and why. (4.) "Briefly describe an important event or person in your life. How has your life changed, if at all (1000 words or less)"

East Virginia Medical College: (1.) Describe your exposure to medicine; (2.) What do you think you would like (most/least)about medicine?; (3.) Why East Virginia?; (4.) What will you be doing in ten years?

Emory University: (Open)

Finch University/Chicago Med.: (Open)

George Washington University: (1.) If you aren't attending school immediately preceding matriculation, what are you going to do? (2.) Explain what you think of the role of an Honor Code in your education. (3.) Explain your long term career goals. (4.) If you had to choose between multi-accepts, why would you choose George Washington?

Georgetown University: "Why have you chosen to apply to Georgetown University School of Medicine, and how do you think your education at Georgetown will prepare you to become a physician for the future?"

Harvard University: (Open)

Johns Hopkins University: (1.) in addition to a standard personal statement and a few mini-essays: (2.) why you chose your college and major; (3.) what fields of medicine are you interested in and why; (4.) and describe an important expereience.

Loma Linda: Do you drink or smoke? What is your religious affiliation? Describe the extent of knowledge you have about Loma Linda. What makes Loma Linda attractive to you? What traits make you a desirable candidate for Loma Linda? Additionally, you must submit personal character evaluations to references of your choice.

Loyola: (1.) "What do you consider a valuable experience in your personal development? This might be a decision you have made, an achievement, or a person who has influenced your life"; (2.) Describe briefly how you have dealt with a personal or academic problem you have encountered."; (3.) "How did you reach you decision to enter medicine? Describe your participaton in any health care or other activity which reinforced you decision"; (4.) "What self-education, research, or independent scholastic work have you undertaken and what do you fell you have accmplished in this work"; (5.) "If you will not be enrolled as a full-time student during the currect academic year, please explain what you will be doing prior to your planned matriculation in medical school."; (6.) Update your AMCAS App. Medical College of

PA/Allegheny/Hahnemann: (None)

Mount Sinai: (Open)

New York Medical College: (None)

New York University: (Open)

Northwestern University: (1.) "What are your best attributes; why medicine"; (2.) "Describe two or three important accomplishment or projects in which you take particular pride. It would be help for you to include in your discussion what you have learned about your capabilities and your limitations from having participated in these projects"; (3.) (open)

St. Louis University: (1.) "Why do you want to study medicine?"; (2.) "You may also make other statements you feel are important to advance your candidacy."

Stanford University: (Autobiographical)

SUNY-Brooklyn: (None)

SUNY-Buffalo: (None, but they send you an essay question with your invitation to interview: Describe yourself in ten years.) SUNY-Stony Brook: (1.) "What person(s) or experience(s) has been most influential in the last five years of your life?"; (2.) "In you intellectual development and preparation for a medical career, which non-science course has been most valuable? Why?"

SUNY-Syracuse: "If you earned a baccalaureate degree on or before June 1997, please indicate your plans for the 1997-98 academic year." T

homas Jefferson University: (None)

Tufts University: (1.) Describe your medical exposure; (2.) Why tufts; (3.) "Please describe experiences, events, or persons that have been important in you personal development" UC-Irvine: "How will managed care change medicine"

UCLA: (Autobiography)

University of Chicago: (1.) "Relate an experience in which you felt you truly helped someone"; (2.) "If you pursued research as part of your college experience (or summer experience), what did you learn from this that makes this type of endeavor worth recommending to others?"; (3.) "What is a difficult or challenging situation that you have encountered and how did you deal with it? In response, identify both the coping skills that you called upon to resolve the dilemma, and the support person(s) who you turned to for advice?"; (4.) "Most individuals live by a system of values and beliefs which serve as a guiding principle for daily living. What influences have been particularly important to you? Please describe both values and influences?"

University of Maryland: (1.) Briefly described why you chose your undergrad school and major. (2.) Describe any academic problems you have had. (3.) List activities you pursue to relax, have fun. (4.). Describe the communities in which you have lived. (5.) Describe your long term career goals.

University of Pittsburgh: "Describe a personal experience that challenged your ethical or moral values. What was the outcome? Limit your response to 250 words or less. Do not discuss cheating in an academic setting. "

University of Rochester: (None)

University of Southern California: (1.) "If you have requested ethnic/financial consideration, please explain why"; (2.) "Discuss activities you pursued during times you were not in school full-time"; (3.) "If you feel there is any other information you consider important to your candidacy, please indicate."

University of Vermont: (1.) "Provide information about yourself and your activities since completion of your AMCAS application"; (2.) "Describe any circumstances regarding your application which you believe merit special consideration."

University of Virginia: (1.) Why UVA; (2.) Describe yourself in 10 years; (3.) How can you contribute to UVA

Virginia Commonwealth University: (1.) Describe the practice you envision yourself in ten years from now. (2.) an open essay of 200 words (hand-written)

Wake Forest University: (Open)

Washington University: (1.) "Why did you apply to Wash. U.?" (2.) "Indicate any personal relationship or experience with Wash. U."

Yale University: (Open) ----

Also, most schools will ask you if you've ever been convcited of anything. If so, you must explain. Many will ask you to explain any discontinuities in your education. If you're not currently in school, many schools will explicitly ask you what you're doing with your time.

My goodness...thank you Baylor21!!!!!!!! :eek:

Originally posted by baylor21:
•Also, FYI the Baylor College of Medicine secondary is now available online (although you cant submit until they receive the AMCAS primary).•
Oh dear. Have I missed something again? I thought Baylor was not an AAMCAS compatible school. I was under the impression they have an entirely separate application and will not accept the AAMCAS aaplication. Unless things have changed in the last year, I believe it is still that way, but I could be wrong. :confused:

Hey, yah baylor went to AMCAS this year. They had their own application last year, but this year they are definately taking the AMCAS route. Considering the problems with AMCAS they probably shouldve stuck with their own huh? :rolleyes:

Thanks for clearing that up. Funny how my premed advisor is SO misinformed! Unbelievable really, esp. since I'm actually IN Texas! :rolleyes: Boy, do I feel left out of the loop or what?!

baylor 21, you are da (wo)man :D :D (just covering the bases since I don't know your gender and don't want to offend)

Thanks a million for typing all that out. That must have taken forever. For me, that was very helpful. :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Holy crap Baylor21! Awesome info......

later

Just wanted to add that there is a third essay question on SUNY Stony Brook's secondary that is missing from the list so nicely provided by Baylor :) :
In your opinion, what contemporary medical issue needs to be addressed in the U.S. healthcare system and why?

Also for SUNY Downstate, there is an essay question but it is not for everyone:
If you are not from the NYC metropolitan area, describe what personal experiences prepared you to live and study in NYC, and what will be your personal support system?

Baylor21, I don't remember the UCLA secondary being autobiographical? Maybe this is something new for this year? Is it possible that you confused UCLA's with UCSD's? Because I know for sure UCSD's is autobiographical.

I didnt apply to any of the Cali schools, so I cant speak from personal experience.

I got most of this info from another website that was done by another person that passed on before us. So the info could very well be inaccurate, especially now since its 2 years removed from its original posting.

If anybody knows FOR A FACT that some of the info is wrong, then please copy my earlier post and edit it accordingly. But please dont do it unless you know for sure.

Thanks Baylor!

It seems like a lot of these questions overlap my personal statement. Did you guys reiterate stuff in your personal statement in the secondaries?

also, how long are these answers supposed to be, roughly?

Editing secondary info for SUNY Buffalo, SUNY Downstate and SUNY Stony Brook. I applied to all three schools this year so I am sure that my changes are accurate.

Originally posted by baylor21:
I found a post on the PR board about secondary questions, so I thought I would post it over here as well. Theres a list of secondary essay questions for a bunch of different schools. Keep in mind that I did notice a few discrepancies on a couple of the schools (Rochester) so this is subject to change for this application cycle. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!

Also, if anyone notes any obvious errors, please post them on this thread.

Columbia— 1. What satisfactions do you expect to receive from your activities as a physician? 2. In what collegiate extracurricular activities did you engage? 3. Please list collegiate honors, awards, and memberships in honorary societies. 4. About how many hours per week, if any, did you spend in work for which you were recompensed during the college year? What sort of work did you do (include summer employment)? 5. Tell why education has been disrupted if applicable.

Cornell—brief statement on why Cornell (two lines) and brief statement on career plans in medicine (two lines)

Dartmouth— 1. Please indicate what you are doing during the 1999-00 academic year. If in school, list courses. If working, let us know something about the nature of your job. 2. Please share with us something about yourself that is not addressed elsewhere in your application and which could be helpful to the Admissions Committee as we review your file.

Einstein—describe extra-curricular and community service activities from amcas application. (can attach separate paper)

Georgetown—Why have you chosen to apply to Georgetown and how do you think your education at Georgetown will prepare you to become a physician for the future?

George Washington— 1. Describe nonscholastic activities in which you have invested a considerable amount of time for the following two areas: a)activities and hobbies for personal development, fun, relaxation, and/or stress reduction and b)activities in which you have given community service or helped others in a one-to-one relationship 2. If not in school, please indicate activities, coursework, employment, etc to account for full-time involvement. 3. Describe long term career goals: where do you see yourself in 10 years? Describe who or what you feel has influenced you in that direction. Describe the activities that you have been involved in that support your stated interest. 4. All careers in medicine involve both science and people. While we expect all physicians to be capable in both areas, which aspect of medicine do you think will be most important to you PERSONALLY in your medical future? 5. Many of you will have multiple acceptances to medical school. Briefly detail the considerations that will be important to you in deciding whether to accept our offer of a position.

Jefferson—application just asks you to check off some boxes and send them a check

Maryland— 1. Has education been continuous other than for vacations? 2. Describe independent research or study. 3. Describe a)activities pursued for fun, relaxation, and/or stress reduction b)activities related to community service or helping others in one-to-one relationship. 4. Describe type of communities in which you have lived. 5. Describe how you picked your undergraduate school and current major area of study. 6. Describe your long term career goals. What has been the major influence in your life that has influenced you in that direction? Describe any activities that you have been involved in that support your stated goal.

MCP Hahnemann—Fill in the blanks secondary.

Mount Sinai— 1. Describe a way in which you've taken initiative or exhibited leadership. 2. Expand on any part of your application which you feel would be helpful in appraising you as an individual, or indicate the reasons for your specific interest in Mount Sinai.

NYU—Explain key motivational factors in your decision to apply to medical school.

Pitt— 1. Describe a personal experience which resulted in a substantial moral or ethical dilemma. What was the outcome? We are reluctant to accept assertions that you have never encountered such a situation. Please do not address cheating in an academic setting. (250 words or less) 2. Optional essay. The recruitment of a diverse student body is a major goal of the U of Pitt's Med school admissions committee. Please tell us whether facets of your life and education to date would contribute to the achievement of this foal. Such facets might include your early education, socioeconomic status, culture, race/ethnicity and work experience. Penn—fill in the blanks and send them a check secondary

Rochester—Describe a situation where your values or ethics were challenged, and how you resolved your dilemma. (1 page)

Temple—For out of state people—Supplemental personal statement indicating and explaining special interest in Temple.

NOTE: "(None)" = no essays; "(Open)" = AMCAS-like personal statement.
Albany Medical College: (None)

Albert Einstein College of Medicine: (None, but they send you an essay question with your invitation to interview: "Describe any project undertaken in college or elsewhere that you think was especially significant in your decision to seek a career in medicine.")

Baylor University: (1.) "What aspiration, experiences, or relatioship have motivated you toward a career in medicine"; (2.) "Describe your most significant non-sciencetfic activities and how you use your leisure time"; (3.) "Describe your most significant research and medically-related experiences and list any awards accomplishments of which you are especially proud. If MD-PhD applicant, describe how these experience led you to consider a career in biomedical sciences"; (4.) "Indicate any special contributions, unusual factors or other information which you feel would be helpful in evaluating you"

Boston University: (None)

Case Western Reserve University: A significant experience in your life Columbia University: "What satisfactions do you expect to gain from you career as a physician". (handwritten; BTW, the secreatries in the office said you can add as many pages as I wanted, so don't feel compelled to use the tiny space provided.)

Cornell University: (1.) "(BRIEFLY) Please indicate why you chose to apply to Cornell"; (2.) "(BREIFLY) Please state your current career plans in medicine"

Dartmouth: (1.) "Please indicate what you are doing during the 1997-98 academic year. If in school, list courses. If working, let us know something about the nature of your job." (2.) Where do you see yourself at the mid-point of your medical career? (3.) "What personal traits and characteristics will you bring to medicine?" (4.) "Please share with us something about yourself that may not be addressed elsewhere in your application and which could be helpful to the Admissions Committee as we review your file."

Duke University: (1.) "What aspects of Duke's medical program interest you and why?" (2.) "Describe your most relevant experience with medicine." (3.) "Among activities listed on AMCAS, which has had the most impact and why. (4.) "Briefly describe an important event or person in your life. How has your life changed, if at all (1000 words or less)"

East Virginia Medical College: (1.) Describe your exposure to medicine; (2.) What do you think you would like (most/least)about medicine?; (3.) Why East Virginia?; (4.) What will you be doing in ten years?

Emory University: (Open)

Finch University/Chicago Med.: (Open)

George Washington University: (1.) If you aren't attending school immediately preceding matriculation, what are you going to do? (2.) Explain what you think of the role of an Honor Code in your education. (3.) Explain your long term career goals. (4.) If you had to choose between multi-accepts, why would you choose George Washington?

Georgetown University: "Why have you chosen to apply to Georgetown University School of Medicine, and how do you think your education at Georgetown will prepare you to become a physician for the future?"

Harvard University: (Open)

Johns Hopkins University: (1.) in addition to a standard personal statement and a few mini-essays: (2.) why you chose your college and major; (3.) what fields of medicine are you interested in and why; (4.) and describe an important expereience.

Loma Linda: Do you drink or smoke? What is your religious affiliation? Describe the extent of knowledge you have about Loma Linda. What makes Loma Linda attractive to you? What traits make you a desirable candidate for Loma Linda? Additionally, you must submit personal character evaluations to references of your choice.

Loyola: (1.) "What do you consider a valuable experience in your personal development? This might be a decision you have made, an achievement, or a person who has influenced your life"; (2.) Describe briefly how you have dealt with a personal or academic problem you have encountered."; (3.) "How did you reach you decision to enter medicine? Describe your participaton in any health care or other activity which reinforced you decision"; (4.) "What self-education, research, or independent scholastic work have you undertaken and what do you fell you have accmplished in this work"; (5.) "If you will not be enrolled as a full-time student during the currect academic year, please explain what you will be doing prior to your planned matriculation in medical school."; (6.) Update your AMCAS App. Medical College of

PA/Allegheny/Hahnemann: (None)

Mount Sinai: (Open)

New York Medical College: (None)

New York University: (Open)

Northwestern University: (1.) "What are your best attributes; why medicine"; (2.) "Describe two or three important accomplishment or projects in which you take particular pride. It would be help for you to include in your discussion what you have learned about your capabilities and your limitations from having participated in these projects"; (3.) (open)

St. Louis University: (1.) "Why do you want to study medicine?"; (2.) "You may also make other statements you feel are important to advance your candidacy."

Stanford University: (Autobiographical)

SUNY-Brooklyn: There was an essay question on the secondary, however, it was only for certain applicants. The question is: "If you are not from the NYC metropolitan area, describe what personal experiences prepared you to live and study in NYC, and what will be your personal support system?"

SUNY-Buffalo: There were no essay questions on
the secondary application. If invited for an interview, interviewees are given ten minutes to write an essay on a topic that is chosen by the admissions commiteee at random. Topic changes frequently.

SUNY-Stony Brook: There were three essay questions:
(1)"In your opinion, what contemporary medical issue needs to be addressed in the US healthcare system and why?"
(2)"What non-medically related experience has been most influential in your life?"
(3)"In your intellectual development and preparation for a medical career, which non-science college course has been most valuable? Why?"

SUNY-Syracuse: "If you earned a baccalaureate degree on or before June 1997, please indicate your plans for the 1997-98 academic year." T

Thomas Jefferson University: (None)

Tufts University: (1.) Describe your medical exposure; (2.) Why tufts; (3.) "Please describe experiences, events, or persons that have been important in you personal development" UC-Irvine: "How will managed care change medicine"

UCLA: (Autobiography)

University of Chicago: (1.) "Relate an experience in which you felt you truly helped someone"; (2.) "If you pursued research as part of your college experience (or summer experience), what did you learn from this that makes this type of endeavor worth recommending to others?"; (3.) "What is a difficult or challenging situation that you have encountered and how did you deal with it? In response, identify both the coping skills that you called upon to resolve the dilemma, and the support person(s) who you turned to for advice?"; (4.) "Most individuals live by a system of values and beliefs which serve as a guiding principle for daily living. What influences have been particularly important to you? Please describe both values and influences?"

University of Maryland: (1.) Briefly described why you chose your undergrad school and major. (2.) Describe any academic problems you have had. (3.) List activities you pursue to relax, have fun. (4.). Describe the communities in which you have lived. (5.) Describe your long term career goals.

University of Pittsburgh: "Describe a personal experience that challenged your ethical or moral values. What was the outcome? Limit your response to 250 words or less. Do not discuss cheating in an academic setting. "

University of Rochester: (None)

University of Southern California: (1.) "If you have requested ethnic/financial consideration, please explain why"; (2.) "Discuss activities you pursued during times you were not in school full-time"; (3.) "If you feel there is any other information you consider important to your candidacy, please indicate."

University of Vermont: (1.) "Provide information about yourself and your activities since completion of your AMCAS application"; (2.) "Describe any circumstances regarding your application which you believe merit special consideration."

University of Virginia: (1.) Why UVA; (2.) Describe yourself in 10 years; (3.) How can you contribute to UVA

Virginia Commonwealth University: (1.) Describe the practice you envision yourself in ten years from now. (2.) an open essay of 200 words (hand-written)

Wake Forest University: (Open)

Washington University: (1.) "Why did you apply to Wash. U.?" (2.) "Indicate any personal relationship or experience with Wash. U."

Yale University: (Open) ----

Also, most schools will ask you if you've ever been convcited of anything. If so, you must explain. Many will ask you to explain any discontinuities in your education. If you're not currently in school, many schools will explicitly ask you what you're doing with your time.

Here is the link to online secondaries, thanks to SDNer Drako :)

<a href="http://www.geocities.com/lvnh6791/paperamcas2002.htm" target="_blank">http://www.geocities.com/lvnh6791/paperamcas2002.htm</a>

Bump for yogurt the kid et al :D :clap:

If anyone needs this thread in the furtue, PM me, b/c I'm gonna bookmark it. :)

•••quote:•••Originally posted by Doctora Foxy:
•bump•••••