Secondaries before AMCAS processed?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bodi

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I submitted my AMCAS about 1.5 weeks ago. It is still waiting to be reviewed. I see a lot of advice on getting secondaries submitted as soon as possible.

My question: Do I need to wait for my primary AMCAS to be processed before submitting secondaries? A lot of essay prompts have been posted, which makes it easy to work on those. However, I don't see how I could actually submit secondaries without first being sent the secondary info from the schools?

Thanks,
Bodi

Members don't see this ad.

bodi said:
I submitted my AMCAS about 1.5 weeks ago. It is still waiting to be reviewed. I see a lot of advice on getting secondaries submitted as soon as possible.

My question: Do I need to wait for my primary AMCAS to be processed before submitting secondaries? A lot of essay prompts have been posted, which makes it easy to work on those. However, I don't see how I could actually submit secondaries without first being sent the secondary info from the schools?

Thanks,
Bodi

I would complete automatic secondaries but only submit them after your AMCAS is verified.

bodi said:

Thanks,
Bodi

I would just send them in. Don't wait any longer, because you're already behind. Sending them in later is just delaying the entire process.

Members don't see this ad :)
silas2642 said:
I would just send them in. Don't wait any longer, because you're already behind. Sending them in later is just delaying the entire process.

I second that, send them in yesterday.

Just as I expected. However, the majority of the secondary applications I need to fill out are online and require a password to access. The password is received once the school obtains the primary AMCAS application. It looks like I cannot submit most of my secondaries until my AMCAS is officially processed. However, schools like Creighton have their secondary app posted on their website making it possible to submit their secondary whenever.

Am I correct?

Thanks!