secondaries for schools

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by jglemonade1, Oct 17, 2002.

1. jglemonade1

jglemonade1 Member

Hi guys... I'm wondering if i could get anyone's advice. I applied already to 12 schools, but I have 5 others that I didn't do the secondaries for yet partially because I'm running out of money and want to know which ones I should apply too. I want to apply to the ones that I have the best shot at getting in, if you don't think I have a shot at any of them just be honest and say because I'd rather not waste any more money. My gpa is really good: 3.9 but my MCAT scores suck: V7,P8,B11 Q the first time and V9,P8,B9, Q the second time. These are the schools: Pittsburg, U. Illinois in Chicago, Temple, U. Maryland, Chicago Pritzker. Oh yea and I'm a NY state resident if that matters. Thanks!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. SolidGold

SolidGold Florida winters are the best!

Attending Physician
    I'm not 100% sure about the other schools, but Temple is one that you should finish. They accept roughly 40% of their class form out of state. The class size there is about 200, so you have a great shot there with your GPA and MCAT scores.

UIC, I think takes about 10% of the class from out of state.

Thats all I can remember off hand as far as how those schools you listed accept out of state applicants. If I could just find my MSAR, I'll let you know the numbers for the other schools. Good luck!

4. jglemonade1

jglemonade1 Member

ok thanks. That would be a great help!