Secondaries Help!, Yah-E, your help is needed!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MidwestDental

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I submitted my AADSAS on November 4, 2002. I am scheduled to take the DAT on January 13, 2003. It is will soon be 6 weeks since I submitted my AADSAS, but I have not heard anything from anywhere.

Do I need to contact the schools for secondaries? Some of the schools have Jan 1 regular deadlines, does my secondary need to be in by then? Will it be too late to start my secondaries after January 13th? I will be busy studying for the DAT over Christmas break till Jan 13th.

Yah-E, I know that you applied last year under similar conditions. When did you turn in your secondaries?

Members don't see this ad.

Out of all the schools that I applied to last year, only Penn and Nova required secondary applications. I guess it all depends on what schools you've applied to and if they even HAVE a secondary application. If I recall correctly, Penn's secondary application deadline was pretty early. I submitted my secondary application to Penn prior to my AADSAS application submission and they just didn't process a file for me until they received my AADSAS application.

For Nova, you can fill out the secondary as late as you wanted. Obviously, the later you complete the secondary, the later you'll receive an interview.

Bottom line, contact the schools and find out which schools requires a secondary application. I know that Penn, Nova, U. of MN, and UNLV requires a secondary application, there are many other schools that may require one. Maybe others in this forum can help us list all the schools that has a secondary requirement?

If the schools that you've applied to requires a secondary application, then it is adviced to submitted prior to their deadline for your optimum application success rate.

Good luck!

:cool:

Now, back to Biochemistry!! Final's tomorrow! :eek:

UPENN and UCLA have their secondary online. So you can download them. The only way that school sends secondary to you is that your file is forwarded to them from AADSAS. Check with AADSAS to see if your file is out yet or not. It took them 5 wks to send my stuff out.
One best thing is that starts sending money to all the schools, you'll get an interview earlier for schools that don' t require secondary.
Calm down and good luck with your DAT
T

Members don't see this ad :)
About how long are most secondaries? I just dropped UNC-Chapel Hill after seeing how long their secondary was. I'll be in a time crunch until January 13th, so I'm wondering if it'll be too late to start then.

I've applied to:

Midwest
Indiana, Louisville, Case Western, Michigan, Marquette and Creighton

Northeast
Temple, Tufts, Pittsburgh

Elsewhere
NOVA Southeastern, Arizona, UOP

If you haven't received a secondary application yet from us and you've confirmed that we have received your AADSAS already, you must call the admissions office and REQUEST a secondary application at your earliest convenience. If you don't call and request a secondary, you may not hear from NOVA until it's too late!! No secondary = no interview, and no interivew = no acceptance.

Nova secondary is not long, but it's repetitive! It's all the same questions asked on the AADSAS application. Call for your today!

January is not too late, but keep in mind that the office may be backed up and you may not hear from them for awhile.