Secondaries

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mig2k

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone received any secondaries yet?

Members don't see this ad.

I still have not received any secondaries. I sent in my primary on June 21st, and received my Transcript Confirmation on July 3rd. Has anyone else received any secondaries at this point?

I haven't either. I mailed my primary on June 2 and received my transcript acknowledgement form on the 17th.

Members don't see this ad :)
I sent mine June 1st and got a confirmation June 15th! They are slooooow!!
smile.gif

Don't get too impatient. It will take AACOMAS 6-8 weeks to send out your apps, especially since there is such a rush of applications in early June. Then the schools review them.

If you are overly anxious to get started on your secondaries - you can call the admissions secretary and ask if they can tell you what their essay question is - the worst they will say is no.

Just for your info - two years ago

PCOM - write a statement indicating why you would like to become an osteopathic physician and indicate any specific reasons you may have for wanting to attend PCOM. (allowed about 1 and 1/2 pages)

LECOM - sends a form type evaluation to be filled out by a D.O. Also, I can't find the essay questions but something like: 1)How did you learn about osteopathic med, 2) strengths and weaknesses in you medical school preparation.

WesternU/COMP - Describe and discuss your motivation for training as an osteopathic physician. Comment specifecally on your academic performance and your potential for study in osteopathic medicine.

NYCOM - you fill it out at the interview - be prepared to have dates of employment (I brought a copy of my resume but they make you rewrite it anyway) You also write a short essay but I don't remember the question - maybe bring copies of some of you better essays so you don't have to start totally from scratch.

Hope this helps, try not to get overly anxious and good luck.
Linda

I got KCOM's secondary app. in the mail today (7/16).