Secondaries.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Toran

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
How long is it taking you folks to get secondaries from schools? What are the secondaries asking for?
How long are you working on the secondaries before returing them?
Toran

Members don't see this ad.

I received my secondaries within one month of submitting my AACOMAS. It turns out, most schools send them based on grades that are very low in expectation of a pre-med student. Midwestern and MSU send them if you have a GPA higher than 2.75. It took me awhile to finish MSU's because it is rather lengthy. They give you a due date, though, so I had it back within 2 weeks of getting it. As for Midwestern and Kirksville, I got them in July and I just sent them this morning. I shouldn't have procrastinated so long. I don't advise it. They are full of essay questions about your life....it is like repeating your original application so it is pretty frusterating. They also ask questions about why you want to be an osteopath and such....for many of us that is a no brainer. I could recite that in my sleep....
smile.gif
Anyhow, good luck. I was happy to be rid of them. Now for that interview......................

I just wanted to put this back towards the top to get more replies, for a general answer.
Thanks,
Toran

Members don't see this ad :)
Toran- I sent my AACOMAS out in late June, and began getting secondaries by mid August. The first one was great, with a 24 hour turnaround. But then the next day they started coming in batches and turnaround slowed.
smile.gif
I probably averaged about a week to get them back, unless it had a number of "heavy" questions and I had to think. Even if you haven't gotten your scores yet, definately send back the secondaries so they have everything when they get the scores. However, if you think you royally flunked the MCAT, you might want to wait to get your scores before you send all the $$$ away. Just some thoughts...

------------------
Sara
Class of 2004 at XXXXX

[This message has been edited by SD (edited September 23, 1999).]

SD,
how did you receive your secondaries before you sent out your AACOMAS?
Thanks for the thoughts on AACOMAS application regarding MCAT scores, I had not even considered applying until I could pencil in the MCAT scores on the AACOMAS wrap sheet.
Toran

I think she meant mid-August. I sent my AACOMAS out June 1 (eager-beaver syndrome) and got secondaries early August. Interviewed started mid-September.

------------------
Ryan
Western U/COMP Class of 2004
thedigitaldoctor.com

Yep, sorry Toran. I did mean mid-August.. my thoughts were wandering somewhere else when I was typing. Sorry! Anyways, by all means, send out your AACOMAS ASAP!!!

------------------
Sara
Class of 2004 at XXXXX