Secondaries

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vishal_k32801

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Secondaries.........what a pain! Why?

:eek:

Members don't see this ad.

No doubt!

Likewise, I don't even know why we have fill out the AADSAS app. that costs big $$$$ if we answer all the same questions again on the secondaries.

I think it's a big scam!

Its a scam, money making business and making it as painful
for the students. In stead of all this BS, why don't they ask
questions at Interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
It's not a scam, nor a money making business, but it is silly when the schools try to make it look like your $70 goes to processing the application or looking over your secondary answers.

The truth is, schools need to pay staff and overhead for their admissions office. I would bet all secondary checks you send are used only to support the admissions office. Your check isn't buying new handpieces or projectors for the dental school. I may be wrong, however.

Either schools should just tell you there is a $70 fee for applying which goes to support our staff, or this fee could be incoorporated into the AADSAS application, making things simpler for everyone involved (although some schools are kind enough to reject students before secondaries are sent, saving those people money).

Bottom line, don't make me answer questions again to make it look like that's what I'm paying for. I will gladly write you a check so you can pay your admissions staff, but please don't make me jump through more hoops.