Secondary App. Question Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BisMuOxo

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am writing the essays for one of my secondary applications and the last essay prompt is

"What other relevant information would you like the admissions committee to know about you?"

Is it okay to not respond to this question (I feel like they already know everything about me)?

Do you think it would be better to try to write something?

Notice that the question says "What other...." and not "Is there other...", which indicates to me that they want at least some sort of response.

Members don't see this ad.

It's alright if you were a biology major. They dont expect that biology majors to be perfect you know.

BisMuOxo said:
I am writing the essays for one of my secondary applications and the last essay prompt is

"What other relevant information would you like the admissions committee to know about you?"

Is it okay to not respond to this question (I feel like they already know everything about me)?

Do you think it would be better to try to write something?

Notice that the question says "What other...." and not "Is there other...", which indicates to me that they want at least some sort of response.

Is this from the U of MN secondary? I thought I remember you posting in the U of MN thread before...

Anyways, I'm dealing with that question on the U of MN secondary. I talked to a few people and they seem to think that leaving it blank is bad. Just maybe reiterate some strong points or make crystal clear anything that you think might be ambiguous/unclear in your application.

I would definitely reply. Make them work for their money. I find these questions are pretty common on apps that don't explicity ask you "why school x?" and so I tell them why I would be such a great fit there. You can tell them why you like the area, about a particular research department you're interested in, etc.