Secondary Application Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hazel16

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are secondary applications sent out electronically or by mail?

I'm living overseas at the moment and though I'll be back to the States in time for med school interviews, I'll still be here when secondary applications are sent out. I have internet access but not a reliable post service and I'm a bit worried if they'll be mailed.

Thanks in advance! ~hazel

Members don't see this ad.

They're all either an email or an emailed link.

But most have to be returned by mail, not electronically. So to submit you will need a reliable means of mail and a checkbook.

Thanks for the quickly reply! That is a relief... As long as I can get the apps through e-mail/internet, I'll be able to mail them back from a more reputable post office than my own. :D

Members don't see this ad :)
There are few that send paper access to online secondaries though...but few such as UIC

all of the top 10 schools refuse to correspond through email and for them to accept your application you have to enclose a picture of yourself holding their application in front of your house (address visible) holding two forms of government ID with an official notary and police officer present. Also all forms must be signed in a mixture of your own blood, sputum, and semen, notarized again, bound in leather, and sent Pony Express to the schools.

Only then will you get to wait for 10 months to get your two sentence form rejection letter thanking you for your interest in their fine medical institution.

so... living overseas? sounds nice. Is it nice?