Secondary Apps: Cashier's check?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MrLebowski

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
On UNLV's site they ask for a $50 cashier's check or money order.
Most other schools do not specify, which I assume means personal checks are ok, but do you reckon UNLV means business?
Seems like a check should be a check, after all it's still money for them...

Members don't see this ad.

Good point! I did not pay attention and I mailed my application and everything else with $50 Check payable to UNLV School of Dental Medicine! That's weird, I wonder why they ask for Cashier's check! Any way I guess I should call them tomorrow! Thanks.

I actually did double check the UNLV secondary application. On their application, it says:

Application Fee – A non-refundable $50.00 check (cashiers or personal) or money order payable to the "Board of Regents"

Members don't see this ad :)
Ah, good eye! On the website it only says cashier's check or money order, but in the actual Word document it does say that personal checks are ok too.

Thanks!

I actually did double check the UNLV secondary application. On their application, it says:

Application Fee – A non-refundable $50.00 check (cashiers or personal) or money order payable to the "Board of Regents"
Nice catch. They must have just changed that, the supplemental I downloaded on May 13, still had "cashier's check or money order."