1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Secondary Apps: Cashier's check?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by MrLebowski, Jun 15, 2008.

1. MrLebowski

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    On UNLV's site they ask for a $50 cashier's check or money order.
    Most other schools do not specify, which I assume means personal checks are ok, but do you reckon UNLV means business?
    Seems like a check should be a check, after all it's still money for them...

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. A8

A8
    2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Good point! I did not pay attention and I mailed my application and everything else with $50 Check payable to UNLV School of Dental Medicine! That's weird, I wonder why they ask for Cashier's check! Any way I guess I should call them tomorrow! Thanks.

4. A8

A8
    2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I actually did double check the UNLV secondary application. On their application, it says:

Application Fee – A non-refundable $50.00 check (cashiers or personal) or money order payable to the "Board of Regents"

5. MrLebowski

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Ah, good eye! On the website it only says cashier's check or money order, but in the actual Word document it does say that personal checks are ok too.

Thanks!

6. Resonance

Resonance Member
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Nice catch. They must have just changed that, the supplemental I downloaded on May 13, still had "cashier's check or money order."