Secondary apps?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Toejam

Terminal Student
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I sent in my application WAY early (May 14th) and I'm wondering when the approximate time is that the schools start sending out secondaries? (I should say "school" since I only applied to COMP.

Also, do the schools always wait until they've seen the April MCAT's before they send out secondaries if you stated that you're taking them? I'm kind of wondering because if they ask during the interview I'm going to have to weep and tell them about my 6 in verbal. Then I might know if it's going to be a problem.

One more thing: Just how much of a help is it if an applicant sends in their app very early?

Members don't see this ad.

hey toejam
last year when i applied i sent out my application
end of may and recieved secondaries in mid-late august...if things go smoothly i think it will be the same this year.
COMP cut off for mcat verbal is 5 I spoke to the dean of comp at the osteopathic convention in SD on nov. 2001 but things may change annually.

the school dont wait...especially COMP...I had a 4 on the verbal and got rejecttion letter although I hadnt gotten my august score yet...i had to call the admisssions and inform them that you idiots i checked that I will be retaking the MCAT. anyway i am pissed off at COMP and my friends their arent too happy...especially becaust of the suicide incident. Anyway i am going to AZCOM in august and cant wait. oh by the way i also went to podiatry school and whent i noticed the discrimination and crap podiatrists go through...i escaped after a year.

DNAdude:

Congrats on Arizona. That would have been my second choice. I'm going to COMP so I can stay in L.A. (I have a house with my fiance')

If you don't mind my asking, what were your scores/grades that got you into AZCOM?

Did you go to CCPM? I graduated from there in 1998 and have pretty much loathed all of podiatry since then. Ironically, I'm making a lot of money right now, but I really never wanted to be a podiatrist. I had literal dreams of being a DO when I applied to DPM and DO schools back in 1993.

Thanks for the info.

Members don't see this ad :)
toejam
i got 23 on mcat and had a 3.8 GPA with tones of exc and research.....i think the whole purpose of exc is to be familiar with the healthcare field which you shouldnt have any problems with.

yes, i ewnt to that lieing bastard ****ty school...but iam happy that i got out when i did my friends wo stayed have nothing to say but neg. things about the school.

personally i think any do school would love to have you as a student...dont worry just kick ass on the interviews.

Hi, I turned my online application in on the first day last year (2001) and I didn't receive any secondaries until the end of July (around the 28th or 29th) and then they all came within a week. If you can get some of the questions ahead of time (sorry I didn't apply to COMP so I can't help you there), then you can get those essays ready and then send the secondary out as soon as it comes in. :)