Secondary Aps. Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mav21

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Everyone- I need some help,

I just received my secondaries the first week of Oct. I see many people have already sent them in and have received interviews. While I am still waiting for my August MCAT scores, I was wondering if I am still in a good position to get into DO school? Or, due to DO schools rolling admissions, does the early bird get the worm?

Thanks,

-Mav :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Hey,
Don't worry about it. Just get your secondaries in as soon as you can. I would even send them before you get your MCAT scores back, so when you scores are released, the schools have everything and can invite you for an interview ASAP. I sent in everthing really late and was still granted interviews at four of the five schools that I applied to(was accepted to three and waitlisted at the other). It seems like so long ago, but if I remember correctly, I didn't get my secondaries in until mid to late December, and my DO didn't send my recommendation until late January. But as soon as they got that letter, I was called for interviews. Don't sweat it, you will be fine. Get everything in as best you can. Good luck and take care.

Ditto to what Steev2000 said. He is wise beyond his years.

Thanks guys, I was stressing out pretty hard. I just want to make sure that I still remain competitive for the application process.

Thanks again,

Mav :cool: