rcwhite007

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 10, 2005
N'awlins
Status
Medical Student
I took the one year of gen bio w/ labs, but it was a hard time and I got B's in all. After I got A's in Genetics, Cell Bio, Animal Physiology, Evolution, Parasitology, Micro Bio, and others.

Should I list the General Bio on the Course part of the secondaries? The usually only give you space for three or four. I don't know if they compare. I would rather them see the higher grades in the upper level classes.

Any recommendations?

NN11

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 9, 2006
Status
Medical Student
rcwhite007 said:
I took the one year of gen bio w/ labs, but it was a hard time and I got B's in all. After I got A's in Genetics, Cell Bio, Animal Physiology, Evolution, Parasitology, Micro Bio, and others.

Should I list the General Bio on the Course part of the secondaries? The usually only give you space for three or four. I don't know if they compare. I would rather them see the higher grades in the upper level classes.

Any recommendations?
I was wondering the same thing. So far only one school specifically asked to list the more advanced courses. Since most indicate that these are the minimum requirements, I've always listed the more advanced courses with the understanding that I've completed the pre-reqs to take these courses.

TMP-SMX

Moderator Emeritus
Gold Donor
10+ Year Member
Jun 12, 2006
Status
Attending Physician
rcwhite007 said:

Any recommendations?
No... Don't play around with requirements. They want your intro bio grades so you can give them that.

About the Ads

somemaybedoc

ms0
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 4, 2006
Texas
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I think they are looking to easily see if you did all the official basic requirements. So I think you should put the general courses in.

OP
rcwhite007

rcwhite007

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 10, 2005
N'awlins
Status
Medical Student
somemaybedoc said:
I think they are looking to easily see if you did all the official basic requirements. So I think you should put the general courses in.
I guess your right. It makes sense...if there is such a thing with adcom predictions. :rolleyes:

About the Ads