Jul 16, 2016
In secondary essays, it is important not to repeat things you said elsewhere, such as the personal statement or the AMCAS activities section. Also, there is a character limit. Can I say something like this in a secondary essay:

"Blah blah blah. I enjoyed my time as an Officer in Club (see my AMCAS activities)."

Boom, no more details here. The details are in my AMCAS activities. Can I do this? How should I do this? Or should I just assume that they know I might talk more about "Club" in my activities, so I don't even need the citation?

Mar 8, 2015
Status
Medical Student
I wouldn't, not just because readers might have access only to certain parts of your application

mistafab

2+ Year Member
Oct 20, 2015
Status
Medical Student
You'd have to be one cheeky person to make it seem like someone reading your essay wouldn't know how to look it up on their own if they wanted to.

In secondary essays, it is important not to repeat things you said elsewhere, such as the personal statement or the AMCAS activities section. Also, there is a character limit. Can I say something like this in a secondary essay:

"Blah blah blah. I enjoyed my time as an Officer in Club (see my AMCAS activities)."

Boom, no more details here. The details are in my AMCAS activities. Can I do this? How should I do this? Or should I just assume that they know I might talk more about "Club" in my activities, so I don't even need the citation?

Reactions: itmeowsback