Secondary Essay Prompts...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DODO

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I think it would be cool to start an official thread of secondary essay prompts. What do you all think? Unfortunately I don't have any secondaries yet, however, once I do I will sure to put them up. :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

DODO said:
Hey guys,

I think it would be cool to start an official thread of secondary essay prompts. What do you all think? Unfortunately I don't have any secondaries yet, however, once I do I will sure to put them up. :thumbup:
What particular qualities do you feel you can bring to Xcom? (Please limit your response to 500 words or less)

What specific experience/exposure have you had with osteopathic medicine? How has this influenced your decision to become an osteopathic physician? (Please limit your response to 500 words or less)

List any employment in chronological order beginning with your current position:

Write a personal essay describing yourself and the qualities you possess which will make you a successful osteopathic physician.

Explain or describe any clinical and/or health related experiences you have had, include extracurricular school and community activities.

Please discuss your preparation for medical school, both academic and non-academic. Describe both strengths and weaknesses associated with your preparation for medical school. Please use the back of this page or attach a separate sheet of paper if additional space is needed.

Please attach a brief statement indicating why you wish to become an osteopathic physician. Indicate specific reasons why you want to attend Xxxxxxxx College of Osteopathic Medicine.

What healthcare related experiences have you had?

EXPLAIN WHY YOU HAVE CHOSEN TO APPLY TO XXXXXXXX COLLEGE OF OSTEOPATHIC MEDICINE:

WHY SHOULD THE ADMISSIONS COMMITTEE ACCEPT YOU INTO THIS YEAR'S CLASS?

Describe the personal characteristics you possess and the life experiences you have had that would contribute to your becoming an outstanding Osteopathic Physician. Please include information that will enable the Admissions Committee to understand your unique qualities.

What qualities do you feel you bring to Xcom that would enhance the overall climate of our college?

Osteopathic medicine is a distinct practice with parallels to allopathic medicine. Why do you desire to enter the field of osteopathic medicine?

There are many problems facing healthcare in America today. Describe what you feel are the most important and what you, as an osteopathic physician, would do to help find the solutions.

Describe your motivation for training as an osteopathic physician.

Comment specifically on your academic performance and potential for study in Osteopathic Medicine.

Describe the qualities that you possess that will make you a good osteopathic physician.

What criteria did you take into consideration in applying to Xxxxxxxx?

Describe your participation in community service activities in a medically underserved or economically disadvantaged community.