Secondary Essay question help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AppleJuice

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi I just got my secondary for UMiami and the essay is on the SAME topic that I wrote about on my AMCAS. They ask you not to use the same essay....so any suggestions? The topic is on the clinical experience that influenced you to seek a career in medicine. How can I write an entirely new essay on the same subject?? Tips??

thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

AppleJuice said:
Hi I just got my secondary for UMiami and the essay is on the SAME topic that I wrote about on my AMCAS. They ask you not to use the same essay....so any suggestions? The topic is on the clinical experience that influenced you to seek a career in medicine. How can I write an entirely new essay on the same subject?? Tips??

thanks!

anyone?

AJ- I think a lot of folks are in the same boat.

I think it is the kiss of death to rehash exactly what you wrote about in your personal statement, especially since the only other question is the generic Why Us?

If the personal statement clinical moment really is the defining one in your life, try to put it in a new light. Approach it from a different angle, put it in a different context, show other insights you gained from it, expand on what you wrote originally. These all things that weren't in your personal statement.

If this really was a huge moment for you, odds are that you have more thoughts on it than you were able to fit into a page and a half in your personal statement.

Best of luck...

Members don't see this ad :)
notdeadyet said:
AJ- I think a lot of folks are in the same boat.

I think it is the kiss of death to rehash exactly what you wrote about in your personal statement, especially since the only other question is the generic Why Us?

If the personal statement clinical moment really is the defining one in your life, try to put it in a new light. Approach it from a different angle, put it in a different context, show other insights you gained from it, expand on what you wrote originally. These all things that weren't in your personal statement.

If this really was a huge moment for you, odds are that you have more thoughts on it than you were able to fit into a page and a half in your personal statement.

Best of luck...

what are the other essay questions that miami asks?

dittozip said:
what are the other essay questions that miami asks?
"Tell us why you would like to study medicine at the University of Miami School of Medicine."