Secondary Essay Topic - FSU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BeastyM

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Write a critical analysis of your personal and scholastic qualifications for the study of medicine and the realization of your professional ambitions.

How is this question different from a personal statement? What are the types of things you would talk about in here?

Members don't see this ad.

FSU does tend to have a lengthy secondary. Essentially, they're asking you to critique yourself while complementing your strengths. What would be challenging to you as a doctor? What kind of experiences or accomplishments best demonstrate your desire to practice medicine? etc. It's a balancing act of selling yourself, yet not being too pompus.
I'm a current MS1 here at FSU, so if you have any questions just let me know. Good luck on your applications:thumbup:

Hey Medguy83, I am not sure if you received my last message but I asked if you could by a chance take a look at my 2ry application to FSU since you have already done it. I have already completed the 2ry but haven't summitted it yet. Thanks in advance!