secondary from UCLA just NOW! will I be applying for the waitlist?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jmejia1

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I almost don't feel like working on it and sending it because so late in the season to even be getting a secondary would only translate to duking it out for the bottom of the waitlist. It can't be a good sign that I get the secondary literally seven months after my primary.

What do you guys think?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm pretty sure you'll be interviewing for the waitlist...but if you want to go there, send it in! $40 is nothing compared to what you've already spent.

Send it in! If they took the time to send you a secondary, you might as well send it in. It can't hurt! :p

Members don't see this ad :)
If you do the secondary, you might get in. If you don't do it, you definitely will NOT get in. You've come this far, why not send it in?

I'd say it depends on how much you want to go there. If you have other options and are already happy with them, then forget about it. But if you really want UCLA, then obviously you have to send it in. Good luck!

•••quote:•••Originally posted by jmejia1:
•I almost don't feel like working on it and sending it because so late in the season to even be getting a secondary would only translate to duking it out for the bottom of the waitlist. It can't be a good sign that I get the secondary literally seven months after my primary.

What do you guys think?•••••Yes you'll prolly interview for the waitlist. That's ok though I had a friend interview really late and was accepted in August. I'm prolly going to be giving up my acceptance there...

Send it in ..can't hurt. I'd walk it into their office in person if I were you (you're ucla undergrad aren't you?). Save a few days in mail etc.
Good Luck.

i think that is rude. very disrespectful (well, aren't all the UCs like that?). maybe they are having a fundraiser at your expense?

•••quote:•••Originally posted by jmejia1:
•I almost don't feel like working on it and sending it because so late in the season to even be getting a secondary would only translate to duking it out for the bottom of the waitlist. It can't be a good sign that I get the secondary literally seven months after my primary.

What do you guys think?•••••a friend of mine got the secondary in march, interview in april, and got off the waitlist in September!!! 1 week before school started...

listen, if they didn't care about you, you would have gotten a rejection! Don't be so naive and ungrateful...even if you go on the waitlist...ucla has good movement! congrats, and you should be very happy you got that far!!! :clap: :clap:

I don't think that your only options after interview will be waitlist or reject. The UCs are kind of behind. I just spoke with UCSF recently and they haven't even accepted 100 people yet and told me that acceptances would be sent out in march, april, and may. I was told that if you are offerred an interview then you have a chance at being outright accepted. What those chances are?? i don't know. UCLA sent me a secondary in January and rejected my ass in March. For me, it was money down the toilet. If you really wanted to go to UCLA, I don' think you would have posted this thread. If you aren't really interested in going there, don't fill out the secondary..but if you are, send it in. They screen for their secondaries so they obviously think you are competitive numerically and want to take a look at your essays and letters. I wish you the best in whatever you decide.

JOE will it out man!!!! UCLA is a great place, good luck! oh and if you want me to proof read your essays just let me know :)