Secondary: "Is there something else you want us to know about you?"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted158872

If you received this Secondary essay question, how would you attack it ?? :

"Is there something else you want us to know about you?"

There're so many things I want to write about, but I don't know which one will be most appropriate and intesting to them... Do you know whether they're looking forward to know...

1/ your Medical interest/experience (the primary essay has stated all this, there's no need to tell more, I suppose)
2/ your family/ethnic background or situation
3/ your views on some current Medical issues
4/ ...

:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

If you haven't already written about why you're interested in the school, I'd put it in there. Otherwise, I think the other topics you've listed might come across as a little random.

Members don't see this ad :)
"I just saved a bunch of money on car insurance by switching to Geico."

Might have gotten a laugh a few years ago.

I've always wondered how you answer this question too. Like "Do you have any questions for me?" it feels like you have to say something. At the same time you do not want to blurt out that you have crippling fear of clowns.

My friend is deathly afraid of Midgets. Its actually pretty funny. He cant watch austin powers because of miny me.
Well anyways, he told the interviewer that at one school and ended up getting rejected. I am not sure if thats the reason why he got rejected though.

Tell them you're a necrophiliac and are really looking forward to anatomy, that will you get you in.

1/ your Medical interest/experience (the primary essay has stated all this, there's no need to tell more, I suppose)
2/ your family/ethnic background or situation
3/ your views on some current Medical issues
4/ ...

No need for Option 1.
I would not recommend Option 3.

I went with something that talked about me as a person. Everyone has medical experiences, a variety of activities listed, and so on and so forth. Something else about you that will make you stand out is what I'd go for.

I'd go for reiterating your interest in the school, talking about a challenge that you have overcome, or maybe describing something about your background.

on these prompts, i often "recycled" another school's secondary essay (different topic of course) just to include some extra info.

Specifying your desire for that particular med school seems like the obvious answer :thumbup:

Hi!

Is it OK if I write about things totally unrelated to Medical ?

I wonder if there're some topics - some aspects - that adcoms want applicants to talk about ?