Aug 16, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Hey guys so I was copying and pasting from an external word processor for two essays on my secondary and accidentally pasted them under the wrong prompts!
It was the dumbest mistake I could have done.
Do you guys think I have no chance at this school now?

gonnif

Only 389 Days Until Next Presidential Election
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
Status
Non-Student
Hey guys so I was copying and pasting from an external word processor for two essays on my secondary and accidentally pasted them under the wrong prompts!
No, it wasnt the dumbest mistake. Not proofreading it 3 times before you sent and having someone else proof it was the dumbest mistake

It is will likely not be an issue, but you can always call/email the school and see if you can correct it.

Goro

7+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status
Non-Student
IF I were to interview you, I would ask you, "If you're this careless with something as important as a med school application, how can you be trusted with patient's lives?"

I may not reject you outright, but you'd already be starting in a hole with me.

Reactions: candbgirl
About the Ads

gonnif

Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
Status
Non-Student
IF I were to interview you, I would ask you, "If you're this careless with something as important as a med school application, how can you be trusted with patient's lives?"

emphasis on "a hole"?

Goro

7+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status
Non-Student

gonnif

Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
Status
Non-Student
I was think more like having someone bent over with a big red W painted on each check and the word WOW would appear

candbgirl

Gold Donor
10+ Year Member
Jul 14, 2005
Status
One of the most important activities you'll do to ensure success as you move towards your goals and you don't proof read multiple times before submitting?
Boy there seems to be so many mistakes this year in AAMC submittals. I don't really understand it but I guess I must have a touch of OCD.

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile app

OP
M
Aug 16, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Thanks for the replies I called & emailed and they switched it for me no problem! This particular school has a lot of issues with their app concerning formatting errors (so I actually did proofread them multiple times to ensure no errors in the essays themselves but ended up messing up the easiest part :smack:) but the admissions office didn't seem to mind fixing it at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: reinesupreme
OP
M
Aug 16, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
No, it wasnt the dumbest mistake. Not proofreading it 3 times before you sent and having someone else proof it was the dumbest mistake

It is will likely not be an issue, but you can always call/email the school and see if you can correct it.

One of the most important activities you'll do to ensure success as you move towards your goals and you don't proof read multiple times before submitting?
Boy there seems to be so many mistakes this year in AAMC submittals. I don't really understand it but I guess I must have a touch of OCD.

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile app
Thanks for the replies I called & emailed and they switched it for me no problem! This particular school has a lot of issues with their app concerning formatting errors (so I actually did proofread them multiple times to ensure no errors in the essays themselves but ended up messing up the easiest part :smack:) but the admissions office didn't seem to mind fixing it at all.

Reactions: 3member and Goro

gonnif

Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
Status
Non-Student
Ask and thou shall receive

About the Ads