Quantcast

Secondary Photo Question!?

Travel to Ghana on the Ultimate Med Immersion
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hsperson

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi yall :)

So, I have a photo of me during graduation. I'm dressed in the graduation garb and I'm waving to the camera guy. I've cropped it such that my face is centered and clearly visible. Is this a suitable 2ndary photo, or should I just go passport-style?

Thanks.

etf

Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi yall :)

So, I have a photo of me during graduation. I'm dressed in the graduation garb and I'm waving to the camera guy. I've cropped it such that my face is centered and clearly visible. Is this a suitable 2ndary photo, or should I just go passport-style?

Thanks.

use it. end of thread.

Captain Fantastic

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I put on a button-up shirt, a sport coat, stood in front of my garage door and had my wife snap some pics with the digital camera. Photoshop tightened up the exposure and color balance and away they went. No problems.

MDPrincess

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Personally, I'm planning on using a non-passport style photo because passport photos don't exactly make you look very attractive.

flaahless

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Throw on a button-up, get a fresh hair cut and go take a picture at the park.

iduwanna

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do any schools let you upload the pic or do you have to print and send a copy to all the schools that want it?

SoCalGirl

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think I'm just going with a passport style pic.

kavorca

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just get it professionally done and then send your family the extras for Christmas.

patzan

Waiting for March 20th
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Use one that you won't mind other people seeing. Many schools use these pictures for class composites, which hang up in view for the whole year to come (or more). Some send their HS glamor shots, others the classic dumb cap and gown. Go normal and do a passport-style shot. Plenty of normal people do this and this way, you won't stand out and that one weird guy/girl with the mystery arm around your shoulders.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.