Secondary question - Any additional information..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IgA

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone think in would be a good or bad idea to mention that you studied for the mcat while working full-time in this section. I don't think it would necessarily come across as trying to make excuses, and I think it could be a good point to make. What does everyone else think?

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone think in would be a good or bad idea to mention that you studied for the mcat while working full-time in this section. I don't think it would necessarily come across as trying to make excuses, and I think it could be a good point to make. What does everyone else think?

No. But I think it would be safe to sneak it into your interview when you get invites

Members don't see this ad :)
Schools know when took the MCAT so if you say "I worked full time at Genetech from June 2010 until June 2013" they wi know

Now if you worked full time (50+ hours a week), took at least 4 credit science class, had a family that needs attention, volunteered 4.5 hours a week at a hospital, only studied the MCAT for 3 months before taking it and still broke the 30 mark, then you have something to brag about.

Don't use work as an excuse for a low score. We all are busy and we all have things we need to do.

BTW, the above situation was my life for the past two years. Now it will get even busier while in school. Ha ha.