May 7, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Are all secondaries supposed to be written with the assumption that the reader doesn't have access to the primary? I'm finding it annoying having to explain and re-explain what my role in a volunteer activity is before I even get to the part where I actually answer what the prompt is asking. This is especially a problem for prompts with limited character counts. For example, if I start talking about an activity, am I supposed to write out the whole explanation of what it is, what my role is, etc., before answering what the secondary prompt is asking?

Jan 7, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
The reviewers should have access to both your primary and secondary application, but at some schools the interviewers only have access to your secondary (or nothing at all). Regardless, it's best to not make the reviewer search through your application to figure out what you're talking about, so having a brief description of your role/organization in the secondary is a good idea, but nothing more than a sentence or two. If they want to know the details they can look at your activities section.

May 27, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Depending on how much space it will take, I either add a brief description or a sentence that refers to my personal statement

About the Ads

Goro

SDN Gold Donor
10+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
Are all secondaries supposed to be written with the assumption that the reader doesn't have access to the primary? I'm finding it annoying having to explain and re-explain what my role in a volunteer activity is before I even get to the part where I actually answer what the prompt is asking. This is especially a problem for prompts with limited character counts. For example, if I start talking about an activity, am I supposed to write out the whole explanation of what it is, what my role is, etc., before answering what the secondary prompt is asking?
No, not at all. I see primaries and secondaries. You can help narrow things down a bit by inquiring what schools do what in the school-specific forums.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads