Secondary questions for PCOM and CCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

markboonya

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone have them and care to share? still waiting for primary to be processed and want to get a head start. thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

markboonya said:
anyone have them and care to share? still waiting for primary to be processed and want to get a head start. thanks!

I really cant remember exactly for CCOM but I think it was "Why do you want to be an osteopathic physician" also you have to send them a CV.

markboonya said:
You're lucky I saved mine.

CCOM

1. Attach a copy of your resume or curriculum vitae, including the following information:
*Educational history (colleges attended and degrees earned)
*Work history
*College extracurricular activities, honors, and leadership responsibilities
*Community activities, honors, and leadership responsibilities
*Medically related work and volunteer experiences
*Hobbies and nonacademic interests

2. Attach a response to the following questions (500 words or fewer):
Why are you seeking a career in osteopathic medicine, and why do you believe CCOM would provide you with the type of osteopathic education you are seeking.?

PCOM

Why do you wish to become an osteopathic physician? Indicate specific reasons why you want to attend Georgia Campus – Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine?

What health care related experiences have you had?

Members don't see this ad :)
FutureDocDO said:
You're lucky I saved mine.

CCOM

1. Attach a copy of your resume or curriculum vitae, including the following information:
*Educational history (colleges attended and degrees earned)
*Work history
*College extracurricular activities, honors, and leadership responsibilities
*Community activities, honors, and leadership responsibilities
*Medically related work and volunteer experiences
*Hobbies and nonacademic interests

2. Attach a response to the following questions (500 words or fewer):
Why are you seeking a career in osteopathic medicine, and why do you believe CCOM would provide you with the type of osteopathic education you are seeking.?

PCOM

Why do you wish to become an osteopathic physician? Indicate specific reasons why you want to attend Georgia Campus – Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine?

What health care related experiences have you had?

hey thanks alot! wow thats alot of stuff to put on a resume and i have never made a CV before. I better look into that. oh man 500 words or fewer? a miniaturized -personal statement.

markboonya said:
hey thanks alot! wow thats alot of stuff to put on a resume and i have never made a CV before. I better look into that. oh man 500 words or fewer? a miniaturized -personal statement.
No problem. Yeah that is a lot of stuff. I didn't even have a resume much less a CV when I started but it's not that hard. The 500 words or fewer requirement is tough for one question not to mention two! Oh well, we chose to put ourselves in this situation by applying to their school. Beggars can't be choosers. :) :) :)