secondary request w/o amcas verified

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

opus

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
My AMCAS web page says I'm not verified , yet I received a secondary request from Univ. of Kentucky via email. I'm still on their waitlist and I've reapplied, but I think it's odd they were notified by AMCAS already. Any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

I got the same thing from UK today too. I think other schools are doing this as well. I read on here earlier that AMCAS sends out biographic info before the whole app is verified so schools that don't screen (UK doesnt; they send a secondary to all kentucky residents) can go ahead and send secondaries. I'm just excited cuz its my first secondary!! I wish more schools would do this so I could get this application crap done. Good luck to ya, and, btw where are you from in KY and where do you go to school?

I graduated from Notre Dame this may (yes, i got screwed this cycle so I have to live at home with no job praying that the gods show me mercy next year). I got a 35 MCAT and 3.2 gpa but i guess they didn't like me. I live in Pewee Valley KY (maybe they couldn't stop laughing at the town name and couldn't dictate the acceptance letter . . .). Good Luck getting in, but if i have to, I WILL kick your ass for that last spot . . . :)

opus, I sent you a PM