Secondary Turn-Around Times

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

booklovingpuppy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I read somewhere that if you don't turn in your secondary to a school pretty quickly, the school may think that you're not interested and your chances for an interview go down.

Unfortunately, I'm one of those people who likes to spend time on polishing those secondaries.

For schools requiring essays, how long (Eg. 5 days, 2 weeks, etc.) would be considered unreasonably long turn-around time?

Thanks for everyone's inputs.

Members don't see this ad.

So I read somewhere that if you don't turn in your secondary to a school pretty quickly, the school may think that you're not interested and your chances for an interview go down.

Unfortunately, I'm one of those people who likes to spend time on polishing those secondaries.

For schools requiring essays, how long (Eg. 5 days, 2 weeks, etc.) would be considered unreasonably long turn-around time?

Thanks for everyone's inputs.

Two weeks is the general expected turn around. The earlier the better of course. Some schools will specifically indicate they want it by 2 weeks - read the instructions to check for this. All other schools - I'd recommend keeping it to 1 month max. Just an opinion.

Thanks camaras!

I'm churning out the vast majority of my secondaries in 1-2 weeks. I was just getting worried b/c people on these forums seem to be able to turn them around within 24 hours...

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks camaras!

I'm churning out the vast majority of my secondaries in 1-2 weeks. I was just getting worried b/c people on these forums seem to be able to turn them around within 24 hours...

Don't worry, we're not all bionic superhumans, and sometimes other things get in the way that are beyond your control. If it takes you 3 weeks instead of 2 to send in the secondaries, assuming the school did not specify a deadline, you're probably going to be just fine. Good luck! :luck:

Thanks camaras!

haha you will be fine! And note that some secondaries really can be turned around in 24 hours - there are quite a few with no essays (or optional essays).

And note that some secondaries really can be turned around in 24 hours - there are quite a few with no essays (or optional essays).

I know, I turn those in as soon as I receive them. Why can't all schools be like that? :confused: I spend 5 hours writing an essay and the admin committee probably spends less than 50 sec. reading it. :mad:

I know, I turn those in as soon as I receive them. Why can't all schools be like that? :confused: I spend 5 hours writing an essay and the admin committee probably spends less than 50 sec. reading it. :mad:

So sad, so true.