Secondary Turnaround vs MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RamAttack

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I started receiving some secondaries to half my schools that I applied to on Wednesday last week. I'm scheduled to take the MCAT next week on the 21st and I was wondering would it look bad if I submit my secondaries after that? I read on some websites that turning them in ASAP shows your are interested in the school. Please let me know what you guys think. I'm scoring where I want to on my AAMC tests but I feel like I should stay focused w/ the exam right around the corner!

Members don't see this ad.

This is the benefit of doing secondaries early.

Wish I would have done the same.

If doing the secondaries would take away from vital MCAT time, do the secondaries afterwards. Hopefully you already have some ideas for secondaries already drafted up

Submit them after your exam. Your secondary apps won't be considers complete until after your MCAT score comes out anyways. It makes no difference whether you submit them now or after the 21st, just so long as you have them in before your MCAT score comes out (mainly so you aren't delayed further).

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Do you know approximately how long after you submitted your primary that you received your secondary?

I agree that you should focus solely on your MCAT now. Take the test and then worry about secondaries. Like it was mentioned above, your application is not considered complete without all the materials (primary, LOR, secondary, MCAT, fee). You will have about a month after you take the test for the scores to come out so use this time to fill out secondaries.