Secondary: what are your plans for the next year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mstpgrind

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
When schools ask for plans for the next year, how should I write a polished essay about it? Currently, my response reads like:

I plan to complete my undergraduate education this December. I will continue my membership in [X club], and am on the leadership committee for [Y organization]. I will continue to be an active member of [Z organization] and play on [W] intramural team.

Additionally, I will continue [Activity X], and plan to submit a first-author paper by December. I will continue working at [Activity Y]. I will continue volunteering at [Activity Z]. I also plan to travel to [Country] and live in [Foreign City] from January to June.

This reads like a bullet point list, but I've already talked about these activities in heavy detail in my primary essay, activities section, or other secondary responses.

Also, should I just write about medical-related activities, or do med schools care about other stuff (traveling, the clubs I'm in, etc.)?

I really appreciate any thoughts!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
TMI. "I expect to complete my bachelor's degree in December. From January through June I plan to travel to [country] and live in [city]."

Reactions: 1 users