Seconday applications

Discussion in 'Medical Students - DO' started by BillyBob, Jun 21, 2000.

1. BillyBob

BillyBob New Member

I just completed my primary application for TUCOM, PCOM, NYCOM, and Nova. Does anyone know what essays each of these schools will request in the secondary applications? I want to get a head start.

Also. What are your feelings on Touro? I've heard very good and bad........

Thanks,
    BB

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. myrnafir

myrnafir Member

One thing you can depend on is to have the question about why you are interested in osteopathic medicine, where you plan to practice and any other life-changing experiences you've had.

I interviewed at Touro and the staff there is super-nice and the atmosphere is pretty exciting seeing as you are a part of a new school. Their facilities are BEAUTIFUL as well as the island- but the place looks pretty deserted. I know that in a few years, this school will be terrific, but I didn't want to be a part of a guinea pig class- I already did that during college.

But med school is mostly what YOU make of it.

4. DocGibby

DocGibby Senior Member

You can take NYCOM off your list right now. Last year they sent me a little 3x5 post card. It said that they recieved my application and that I would only recieve a secondary after I was granted an interview. It still doesn't make any sense to me to this day. PCOM gives you about a page or so to write about why you want to be an osteopathic physician. It's a pretty standard question on every secondary you'll recieve. I think I used the same essay for the nova application (with a few minor modifications of course). Didn't apply to TUCOM.