Seconday applications

Discussion in 'Medical Students - DO' started by BillyBob, Jun 21, 2000.

1. BillyBob

BillyBob New Member

I just completed my primary application for TUCOM, PCOM, NYCOM, and Nova. Does anyone know what essays each of these schools will request in the secondary applications? I want to get a head start.

Also. What are your feelings on Touro? I've heard very good and bad........

Thanks,
    BB

2. myrnafir

myrnafir Member
    10+ Year Member

One thing you can depend on is to have the question about why you are interested in osteopathic medicine, where you plan to practice and any other life-changing experiences you've had.

I interviewed at Touro and the staff there is super-nice and the atmosphere is pretty exciting seeing as you are a part of a new school. Their facilities are BEAUTIFUL as well as the island- but the place looks pretty deserted. I know that in a few years, this school will be terrific, but I didn't want to be a part of a guinea pig class- I already did that during college.

But med school is mostly what YOU make of it.

3. DocGibby

DocGibby Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

You can take NYCOM off your list right now. Last year they sent me a little 3x5 post card. It said that they recieved my application and that I would only recieve a secondary after I was granted an interview. It still doesn't make any sense to me to this day. PCOM gives you about a page or so to write about why you want to be an osteopathic physician. It's a pretty standard question on every secondary you'll recieve. I think I used the same essay for the nova application (with a few minor modifications of course). Didn't apply to TUCOM.