Section Banks

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr.Qball

2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've noticed there is not much talk about the section banks lately and just want to get peoples opinions on it. So far I have only done half of C/P and have a 65%. Relatively speaking I am not worried but would always like to improve. Whats the best way to tackle the section banks? I plan on doing 1/3 each week adding up to 100 questions a week for 3 weeks. Should I keep doing little by little or take it all in a big block of time? Also whats the best way to review it? I usually just look at the answers right after I do a passage. Lastly, how much of these questions should we expect on the real exam?

Members don't see this ad.

The general consensus is that the section bank is very representative of the harder questions you will see on the real MCAT and is representative of the content areas the new MCAT seems focused on. It's probably a good idea to view the section bank's secondary purpose as a check on your content knowledge.

Reactions: 1 users
The real exam will feel like something between the AAMC scored exams and the section bank questions. Some questions / passages may be on the difficulty level of the section banks, though.

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you guys for the response! Do you think I am reviewing the right way? I plan on doing/reviewing more thorough closer to my exam date.