Section, Topical, Subject tests for Kaplan, What to focus on?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mnhockey7

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there, new SDN member today!

I took the MCAT recently in September and it did not go as planned, so I am starting to study again and signed up for the test in January just in case. I have the Kaplan online course and I did not utilize the material enough last go around which I think was a very big mistake on my part. I know Kaplan material tends to be more challenging than most other prep material due to the high yield of calculations in the passages as well as the Biology being quite representative of the real MCAT being more experimental based rather than specific system passages (i.e kidneys, endocrine, etc.). I am also using Examkrackers 101 Verbal for the VR section.

My question is, which of the material that Kaplan provides should I focus on more than others, Section, Topical, Subject Tests?? I want to get much more practice in this time around and I know everyone is going to be biased in their opinion, but is one of the 3 more representative of the actual MCAT?? I'd really appreciate the insight! What worked best for you guys, what ones I NEED to do, and so on??

Again, I am a first time SDN poster, so I am sorry if I broke any rules re-posting something thats covered or anything like that. Thank you!

(I did post this in the Kaplan Forum first, I didn't see the general forum below, my bad!)

Members don't see this ad.