Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Seding out transcript

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by Matrix, May 18, 2001.

1. Matrix

Matrix Member
    10+ Year Member

Hi all!

I was just wondering when I should be sending out my transcript (my Spring grades are in). Also, is there a specific form that I have to attach to the transcript (for AAMC, there's a transcript request form that includes your name + ID that must be attached) or do I just give the registrar the AACOMAS address?
    Thanks in advance!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Dr JPH

Dr JPH Membership Revoked
    Removed 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Send the transcript now.

The AACOMAS website has an address.

I am pretty sure that's all you need to do.

They will keep it on file.

Peace

(and good luck!)

4. Popoy

Popoy SDN Super Moderator
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    All you have to do for AACOMAS is to send it to them without any type of form. SEND IT IN NOW!!! Like JPHazelton stated, they will keep a file for you until you submit your actual application. Good Luck

5. CVPA

CVPA Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

I will say this. I called AACOM about a month ago and wanted to get my transcripts in ahead of time since I attended 6 colleges over the past 13 years (yeah, I'm a non-trad). They said I would have to wait until my application was submitted before they could start receiving transcripts. They told me that unless they have a record of you they couldn't guarantee that they would hold the transcript.

I know it sounds kinda crazy, but thats what I was told. I have heard that AACOMAS can be a bit unorganized... :rolleyes:

Probably should call. At least you can get a human pretty quickly, unlike AMCAS.

Chris

6. Popoy

Popoy SDN Super Moderator
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Wow.... that was the first.... Thanks for sharing that.... I remember turning in my transcript much earlier in the app process last year and they said they got it in a file. Maybe the policies are changing.... :eek: