Seding out transcript

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by Matrix, May 18, 2001.

1. Matrix

Matrix Member

Hi all!

I was just wondering when I should be sending out my transcript (my Spring grades are in). Also, is there a specific form that I have to attach to the transcript (for AAMC, there's a transcript request form that includes your name + ID that must be attached) or do I just give the registrar the AACOMAS address?
    Thanks in advance!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Dr JPH

Dr JPH Banned
    Banned

Resident [Any Field]
    Send the transcript now.

The AACOMAS website has an address.

I am pretty sure that's all you need to do.

They will keep it on file.

Peace

(and good luck!)

4. Popoy

Popoy SDN Super Moderator

Resident [Any Field]
    All you have to do for AACOMAS is to send it to them without any type of form. SEND IT IN NOW!!! Like JPHazelton stated, they will keep a file for you until you submit your actual application. Good Luck

5. CVPA

CVPA Senior Member

I will say this. I called AACOM about a month ago and wanted to get my transcripts in ahead of time since I attended 6 colleges over the past 13 years (yeah, I'm a non-trad). They said I would have to wait until my application was submitted before they could start receiving transcripts. They told me that unless they have a record of you they couldn't guarantee that they would hold the transcript.

I know it sounds kinda crazy, but thats what I was told. I have heard that AACOMAS can be a bit unorganized... :rolleyes:

Probably should call. At least you can get a human pretty quickly, unlike AMCAS.

Chris

6. Popoy

Popoy SDN Super Moderator

Resident [Any Field]
    Wow.... that was the first.... Thanks for sharing that.... I remember turning in my transcript much earlier in the app process last year and they said they got it in a file. Maybe the policies are changing.... :eek: