Seeking 2020 PCAT Bio/Chem Passage Advise

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ruship878

Reaction score
Hello! I've been studying using Dr.Collins for the PCAT exam and was wondering if the actual PCAT passage questions were as simple as they are in the Dr.Collins practice test? The practice Pearson tests for bio/chem seem much harder when I tried the bio/chem sections. If anyone has any hints/tips on what practice test is more indicative of the actual PCAT for bio and chem that would be wonderful. Cheers!

Members don't see this ad.

Dr. Collins is derived by individuals that actually sit for the PCAT and are assigned specific questions #'s to remember during the test. After which, the question is written down and thus comes the existence of Dr. Collins. The format is exactly that of the PCAT and on top of that, some of the questions might reappear on the PCAT. However, to learn from scratch I do not recommend starting with Dr. Collins. Couple up Pearson Practice Tests with Kaplan booklet before attempting Dr. Collins.

While doing so, tread carefully as to which schools mandate the test. Many are doing away with the PCAT requirement.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for the tip! I had no clue that's how Dr.Collin's prepbook was created.

I'm not sure if you would know but, why is it that schools are straying away from PCAT scores/testings now?

Thanks for the tip! I had no clue that's how Dr.Collin's prepbook was created.

I'm not sure if you would know but, why is it that schools are straying away from PCAT scores/testings now?

The barrier for pharmacy school acceptance has been lowered. More programs are opening and lowering minimal overall / science / prereq GPAs and due to a few programs doing away with the PCAT, it forces other programs to do the same to keep admissions up every year. Due to this and other factors, more students are graduating than their is job openings. If you wish to see an outline and overall example of what most talk about in the pharmacy forums, go to these links:

Job Saturation: Is Pharmacy Worth it? Here's What You Need to Know

Job Market

With this information I leave the decision to you of what path you wish to take. As a side note, if I had no monthly pension and my living and school costs were not 100% covered by an outside organization (despite working in a pharmacy for years) I would walk away from this path. With that I say: "Caveat Emptor"