Seeking a mentor in Mohs Surgery,hoping to apply for fellowship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MohsHopeful

Reaction score
Hello StudentDoctor,

I am currently a dermatology Residnet and I am seeking a mentor in Mohs surgery.

Is there anyone available on this message board that knows of anyone or would be willing to offer mentorship? ACMS does not have an official mentor connection.

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hello StudentDoctor,

I am currently a dermatology Residnet and I am seeking a mentor in Mohs surgery. My dermatology residency does not have a fellowship trained Mohs Surgeon available for mentorship nor do we have a fellowship.

Is there anyone available on this message board that knows of anyone or would be willing to offer mentorship?

Thank you

Where do you get your Mohs exposure as a resident?

I wasn't aware that a residency program could be accredited without a fellowship trained Mohs surgeon teaching cases?

Members don't see this ad :)
You can try here: Skin Experts

But your best bet for consistent Mohs exposure and mentorship would be ideally someone at your home program or any surrounding local programs.

Does your residency program have an away elective? That is another opportunity to shadow a Mohs surgeon for a month and try to build a relationship that way.

You can try here: Skin Experts

But your best bet for consistent Mohs exposure and mentorship would be ideally someone at your home program or any surrounding local programs.

Does your residency program have an away elective? That is another opportunity to shadow a Mohs surgeon for a month and try to build a relationship that way.

Thank you for the link. We unfortunately are not allowed to do aways, the hospital has many stipulations and with COVID-19 no electives are allowed until further notice.

Last edited:
It’s unclear what you’re asking. Why aren’t you being exposed to mohs cases in your residency? Why would your home program not provide you with guidance and resources for the application process?